Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: newbie here  (Read 1008 times)

Offline loneone

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
newbie here
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:40:53 PM »
i'm new here but not to quads. i used to race dirtbikes and when the 2001 raptor came out i had to have one.i almost sold it last month when the factory chain broke, p$ssed me off, the raptor has a ton of hard miles on it from me and my buds, never been apart and the chain just breaks, guess they dont build em like they used to lol.

i'm slowly working on opening my own shop if i can ever get done working on my buds quads, i've done about every mod to them and now i'm out of ideas for mine. also just getting into powder coating so i figure nows the time to redo the raptor, just dont know what i want to do haha.
its all fun till the cops show up

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
Re: newbie here
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 06:57:14 AM »
You got almost 10 years out of a factory chain and you're P.O.'d?  You've got some pretty high standards there.  Your sprockets are probably shot too, so replace those when you buy a new chain.

Welcome to the site.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 08:13:18 AM »
+1 to that. Chains are made to wear. My 01 made it til 07 before I replaced the chain. When I took it off, it was so stiff, I could hold it straight like a sword :rofl:  ANd the sprockets were shot.

Welcome.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 07:30:53 AM »
Welcome to RS...chains do break a lot, 10 years out of the stock one is awesome.

Offline loneone

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »
 yea just teasin about the chain, what gets me is i was racing around earlier and before i was ready to leave i figured i'd run it thru a big puddle to clean it off, well i'm idleing in 1st gear and it just quit moving so i had to get my feet wet and push it out of the water. haha
its all fun till the cops show up

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 09:54:22 AM »
:lol:

Welcome aboard mano!!! What area you from? We have a few rallies all around the states, hopefully you can join up in one.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 12:11:23 PM »
Welcome :cheers:
Oury grips & Yamalube