Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124611 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1725 on: March 08, 2016, 07:10:35 AM »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1726 on: March 08, 2016, 08:15:20 AM »
Pretty cool

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/the-a-bomb-kid-6437234

good read.

:thumbs:

there was a movie in the 80's...maybe early 90's. Whiz kid builds his own nuke... good movie(young boys perspective) cannot for the life of me remember it lol.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1728 on: March 08, 2016, 12:04:04 PM »
love those cars!

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1729 on: March 10, 2016, 09:52:53 AM »
:rofl:

http://wlos.com/news/local/bogus-parking-tickets-surface-in-downtown-asheville

tldr:

fake parking tickets

The ticket is physically larger. It was dated Friday, March, 5th when it was the 4th. It had a fake officer ID and made up violation code. The ticket also had a QR code for smart phones to scan. The city's tickets do not have QR codes.

"It was kind of surprising to go to a link for a YouTube video, and then when I went it was featuring some rock star that I didn't know who it was," said Putnam.

When you scan the code, it goes to a music video for Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up."

"Oh, they're Rickrolling with tickets? That's atrocious. We got past the 80's, I thought. That's pretty bad. It's a waste of time," said one person downtown visiting from Atlanta.

There's no real way to pay these fake tickets, but Brown doesn't find it funny.

"I think it's just an aggravation, and somebody you know, wanting to get a little publicity, or say ha ha," said Brown.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1730 on: March 10, 2016, 10:09:23 AM »
:rofl:

http://wlos.com/news/local/bogus-parking-tickets-surface-in-downtown-asheville

tldr:

fake parking tickets

The ticket is physically larger. It was dated Friday, March, 5th when it was the 4th. It had a fake officer ID and made up violation code. The ticket also had a QR code for smart phones to scan. The city's tickets do not have QR codes.

"It was kind of surprising to go to a link for a YouTube video, and then when I went it was featuring some rock star that I didn't know who it was," said Putnam.

When you scan the code, it goes to a music video for Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up."

"Oh, they're Rickrolling with tickets? That's atrocious. We got past the 80's, I thought. That's pretty bad. It's a waste of time," said one person downtown visiting from Atlanta.

There's no real way to pay these fake tickets, but Brown doesn't find it funny.

"I think it's just an aggravation, and somebody you know, wanting to get a little publicity, or say ha ha," said Brown.

seriously.

whoever did that.

is my my hero FOR LIFE

"Oh, they're Rickrolling with tickets? That's atrocious. We got past the 80's, I thought. That's pretty bad. It's a waste of time,"

umm, lady...you forgot absolutely BRILLIANT.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #1731 on: March 10, 2016, 10:11:26 AM »
I knew you'd love that Peels!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1732 on: March 10, 2016, 10:18:18 AM »
I knew you'd love that Peels!

one of the best, and most creative pranks ive seen. LOL  :rofl:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1736 on: April 13, 2016, 02:12:52 PM »

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1737 on: April 21, 2016, 12:18:12 PM »
Music legend Prince found dead at 57 at Paisley Park
http://www.startribune.com/authorities-investigating-death-at-prince-s-paisley-park/376578441/

Legendary Minnesota pop musician Prince was found dead Thursday morning at his Paisley Park recording studio complex in Chanhassen, the Associated Press has confirmed from his publicist. He was 57.

Immediately upon hearing the news, mourners began lining up with flowers and stuffed animals outside the studio on Audubon Road. Condolences flooded social media. Fans touched a star bearing his name painted on the First Avenue music club in downtown Minneapolis, the “Purple Rain” site where he played often early in his career. Lawmakers paused for a moment of silence at a state legislative hearing.

Former KMSP anchor Robyne Robinson, who interviewed Prince several times and maintained a personal relationship, said she was working with University of Minnesota to give Prince an honorary music degree in June and Prince had tentatively agreed.

“He was a genius,” she said, tearfully. “He was an amazingly generous man to this community and to his people. There’s no one that will match his brilliance. His genorisity was really endless … I’ll be a fan until the day I die.”

Prince’s childhood friend and early bandmate André Cymone said he traded messages with him from Los Angeles last weekend after the reports of his illness on a plane flight.

“He said he was doing OK and we’d try to hook up next time he was in LA,” said Cymone, whose mother took Prince into her home in his midteens when his relationship with his parents got too strained. “I’m just devastated now. I’m in utter disbelief. It’s such a tragedy.”

Prince in concert on May 21, 1986.
Carver County authorities said Thursday morning that they were investigating a death at the studio but would not give details, saying they were waiting to notify next of kin. County dispatch broadcast the call as “a medical, Paisley Park … for a male down not breathing.” A few seconds later, an emergency responder replied “CPR started.”

The news of his death came less than a week after Prince’s private plane made an emergency landing early Friday morning in Illinois as he was returning to the Twin Cities from two shows in Atlanta on Thursday.

Afterward, a source close to Prince told the Star Tribune that the singer was dehydrated on the flight home. Prince himself wanted to clarify the situation on Saturday, saying, “Wait a few days before you waste any prayers.”

Prince was inducted into the Rock ‘n’ Roll of Fame in 2004. Standing just 5 feet, 2 inches tall, he seemed to summon the most original and compelling sounds at will, whether playing guitar in a flamboyant style that openly drew upon Jimi Hendrix, switching his vocals from a nasally scream to an erotic falsetto or turning out album after album of stunningly original material. Among his other notable releases: “Sign O’ the Times,” “Graffiti Bridge” and “The Black Album.”

He was also fiercely protective of his independence, battling his record company over control of his material and even his name. Prince once wrote “slave” on his face in protest of not owning his work and famously battled and then departed his label, Warner Bros., before returning a few years ago.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1738 on: April 21, 2016, 12:57:02 PM »
sucks. I had seen earlier this week about his emergency plane landing for a hospital trip.... And didnt realize he was that old.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1739 on: April 21, 2016, 01:34:50 PM »
didn't realize 57 was "that old"
lol

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: