Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124611 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1605 on: August 27, 2015, 11:46:18 AM »
Interesting opinion by Trump. One thing I actually do agree with.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-on-wdbj-shooting-this-isnt-a-gun-problem-127715524131.html

agreed. it isnt. but it not being  "gun problem" does not give us license to all immediately go buy 500 of them. lol
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1606 on: August 27, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »
:rofl:

Agreed. It will not make me go out and buy new guns. I dont know enough about mental health issues or care for people with them to know if what he says makes sense.  Something needs to change though.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1607 on: August 27, 2015, 01:53:37 PM »

Agreed. It will not make me go out and buy new guns. I dont know enough about mental health issues or care for people with them to know if what he says makes sense.  Something needs to change though.

when something like this happens. EVERY single time, a political figure comes out and says one of these-im paraphrasing here: A: "guns are the devil" or B: "time to hoard all the guns, theyre coming for them" and people blindly follow both sides. And the two parties only can think in those two boxes.

both of those are wrong.

I LEAN towards A, but think past it. I personally dont feel everyone should have one. and i think it should be hard as hell to get one. I know everybody likes to say blame spoons and forks for fat people also. But. Ive never felt like blowing shit  up when handed a spoon. Nobody goes after a coworker that pissed them off while holding a spoon. get my drift? the logic of that doesnt make sense to me.  Guns bring with them a sense of "badassery" or power, which MAKES crazy people crazier. The way a fast car turns you into a 12 year old with a b0ner. come on, I know you get it......  ;)  and just like that last analogy, the machine isnt the problem like the left would presume, and, neither is it the idiot himself, like the right would have you presume . its the interface between this idiot AND machine we have to work on and ultimately stop.

but we wont. well just keep barking at each other, like miniature dogs, from our separate corners.  :lol: :(

Mind you when I say tighter gun control im not saying "do not have guns.." I mean... we don't need to be getting so many new ones! Every time someone sells one in order to buy a new one, it potentially it goes to some kook. so if it were more difficult to get them, maybe wed hang onto them, and their value and their exclusivity would as well. also, if the value goes up, theoretically, only more responsible people would get them. I know this is flawed, but really. I don't see the need for so many. I feel bad about this, too, my super awesome uncle out in Cali collects them. hes my favorite person on this earth.  ::)

the idea that every tom dick or harry should get to carry his gun into a movie theater or gas station scares me more than the off chance some crazed asshole will come in guns-a-blazin. but, I cant really argue against it. lol really just don't want to see magnums hanging off everyones hips. pewpewpew

for whatever reason...this news story has got to me. just sickening. really. 

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1609 on: September 16, 2015, 12:51:04 PM »

Offline funyun

• Jew
  • Funyun Yellow
  • Street Cred: -1337
    • Email
« Reply #1610 on: September 21, 2015, 08:56:57 AM »
lol so funny everyone making this kid out to be some sort of genius when he probably planned this thing all along. Arresting him and getting all this attention probably went just as planned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=kHk_6Vh4Qeo
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:06:15 AM by funyun »

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1611 on: September 21, 2015, 09:30:43 AM »
lol so funny everyone making this kid out to be some sort of genius when he probably planned this thing all along. Arresting him and getting all this attention probably went just as planned.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/muslim-boys-cool-clock-is-a-fraud-says-expert/

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1612 on: September 21, 2015, 09:31:32 AM »

;) cant help but wonder.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:35:09 AM by Peels »

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1613 on: September 21, 2015, 10:50:57 AM »
Someone is switching out jewelers’ diamonds with fakes

http://nypost.com/2015/09/21/sneaky-thief-switches-real-diamonds-with-cubic-zirconia/

A thief used the oldest trick in the book to dupe a bunch of Diamond District jewelers out of tens of thousands of dollars in gems, authorities say.
Justin Abramowitz, 32, would ask to see an engagement diamond, then swap it with a cubic zirconia, court papers allege.
“He gives everybody the same story,” said Yeheskel Siag, 63, one of four jewelers allegedly scammed by Abramowitz.
“He says, ‘Hi, my name is David.’ He shakes your hand. He tells you he’s getting engaged and he wants a ring worth $20,000.
“He lets you drop your guard, and the minute he turns around to make a call, he’s gone.”
Abramowitz’s crime spree began July 24 at 29 W. 47th St., where he asked to examine a 2-carat diamond and switched it out with a cubic zirconia, a criminal complaint says.
Fewer than three days later, Abramowitz hit up the 47th Street Diamond Exchange at 578 Fifth Ave. and allegedly pinched a $15,000 diamond and left a worthless gem in its place.
Abramowitz then walked into Siag’s jewelry store at 13 W. 47th St. on July 29 and asked to see a $25,000 white diamond, authorities said.
“Defendant then told informant he was not interested and left,” the complaint says. “After defendant left, informant realized that the diamond that informant had shown defendant was gone, and in its place was a cubic zirconia replica.”
He struck again July 31, when he targeted a jeweler at 20 W. 47th St. and absconded with another $15,000 stone after swapping it, authorities said.
But Siag said he helped nail Abramowitz less than a week later after spotting him down the block at a jewelry store.
“I recognized his face,” the jeweler said. “I called my employee, and he ran and got security. They came right away and called police. The sergeant came and arrested him.”
Cops found four cubic zirconias of various sizes in his pocket, authorities said. None of the stolen diamonds has been recovered, officials said.
Siag said cops told him Abramowitz sold the rock he stole from him to a pawnshop.
“This is what he does. He’s a crook,” Siag said. “After spending over an hour with him and showing him different settings, this is what he does to us?”
Abramowitz faces four counts of grand larceny and is being held on $50,000 bond. He’s due back in court Sept 28.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1614 on: September 21, 2015, 01:50:45 PM »
I watched a news special about him.

ZERO f**ks given.  :rofl:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1615 on: September 23, 2015, 08:49:07 AM »
was reading this... hilarious.

VW programmed their diesel engines to crank up emissions control systems when it was epa testing time.

LOL i wanted so much to have one of those diesels.....

pretty genius really.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2015/09/22/breaking-down-volkswagen-diesel-deception/

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1616 on: September 23, 2015, 12:21:02 PM »
was reading this... hilarious.

VW programmed their diesel engines to crank up emissions control systems when it was epa testing time.

LOL i wanted so much to have one of those diesels.....

pretty genius really.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2015/09/22/breaking-down-volkswagen-diesel-deception/

So funny, was chatting with Funnerz about it. Sucks for VW. CEO stepped down. They were already losing sales in the US now it's just going to amplify across the European market (their largest market mind you...).
Lost 20 billion in profit just in stock alone and will be punishable up to 18 billion. Not including the recalls and everythign this will stem/create.

I bet when it's all said and done. 50+ billion isn't out of the picture.

Now the govt is looking at other car makers to make sure they aren't pulling the same shenanigans as VW. Could be a bumpy ride for everyone.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1617 on: September 23, 2015, 12:27:08 PM »
you KNOW everyones doin it. Veedub just got caught, gonna take the big heat. lol

hellcat....passing epa tests...please.   :rofl: :rofl:

now that car. nobody would give a shit, including me. but a VW tdi. people buying that to conserve fuel...and the environment. THEY care

gonna be some PISSED off treehuggers.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 12:33:22 PM by Peels »

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1618 on: September 23, 2015, 01:39:33 PM »
you KNOW everyones doin it. Veedub just got caught, gonna take the big heat. lol

hellcat....passing epa tests...please.   :rofl: :rofl:

now that car. nobody would give a shit, including me. but a VW tdi. people buying that to conserve fuel...and the environment. THEY care

gonna be some PISSED off treehuggers.

Hellcat.
 But, it also meets Federal Tier 2, Bin 5 emissions requirements, meaning it is classified as a LEV II (Low Emissions Vehicle) in California.

I don't know what that means. I can't imagine that it's really all that far off from meeting emissions if it weren't.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1619 on: September 23, 2015, 02:15:33 PM »
Interesting.

with this news, and that info about the hellcat....do you find it as funny as me....that at least a few of the people who would make fun of and pobably berate a person who would drive a hellcat, because they supposedly "hate the environment" and the car is, after all, better?

LOL

know what else sucks. people who own one... resale value just dropped out their panties overnight. :(  I dont want one now.

power =efficiency lol if 6.2 liter can make 707... divide into 4 cylinder 1.5 that can make 170..... without forced air.

kinda feel like I went off on a tangent here, but dahellwitit. I want a blue hellcat BADLY. :)