Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124651 times)

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1455 on: August 25, 2014, 10:36:12 AM »
LOL dude. relax. why you callin me out?  :rofl:

i dont give a turd if one or the other is faster. I only like the concept of the hellcat because its got gobs of power, and its a sleeper. 4 doors, and practical with fun. basically, jam a huge motor into a sedan. and upgrade the car to be better. Rather than a purpose built supercar.

I don't like the challenger as much....its designed as "muscle" car.

I'm not buying either one any time soon, so it doesn't really matter. it needs to be a real manual transmission for me to ever consider buying a car built for power and speed,  which has already been discussed. I would be a new faster bike before I bought a sports car too.

the Camaro only looks good if it has huge wheels on it. Saw one yesterday gray black stripes, black wheels. looked so cool. but...automatic.  :confused: :rolleyes: A few people driving around the base model. So ugly. lol and the transformer edition--- GHEY.

Like I said. if its fast, its fast.  :clap: Makes it badass...but That doesn't mean I like it more.

Really... If I had 70k to throw in to a family sedan(which I don't), it most likely Wouldn't be a Dodge. It would be European, maybe Japanese(Subaru). and has to be AWD with a manual transmission. No offense to Dodge here.... Gotta shake off the "K car" image in my mind, which is a big ask. I owned a Plymouth Breeze(Stratus) was a good car for us, but rattly as all hell and :yawn: But, if American companies keep going this direction, this could change in short order.

I'd want an old Lancia or something if were talking money no object, and I could own a few cars.  :clap:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1456 on: August 25, 2014, 11:02:05 AM »
LOLOL

Got butthurt?

:rofl:

"Chevrolet doesn't care what SVT or the other challenger are doing in the modern and comical "Dragtag" "

If you're about to be ignorant enough to think that Chevy doesn't care what their competitors are doing as far as advances, motors, HP, Drag times etc.. You should just get off the interwebs. $60k is nothing to sneeze at as far as price tag goes BUT the fact that that's VERY affordable for a LOT of people/families. The fact that the 60k I just mentioned also is for a car that can haul a family around, get their groceries, and has over 700HP....that's the sales numbers. I'm not on any forums listening to fan boys and doge certainly hasn't been shy about mentioning ANY of the numbers. They were straight up and haven't lied about antying. All times have been certified.

I have nothing wrong with competition, that's what drove us to have a 700HP car that's actually affordable to me. Want to know why Dodge is going to sell more?

Because it looks good.

No offense to the people out there that have the Camaro. But COME ON. Chevy seriously missed the boat on the redesign of the Camaro in a BIG way. I'm not saying chevy is bad... The ways they have redesigned the corvette, they've held the the look while tweaking here and there. Ford did a great job with the mustang over the years is also a throwback to the originals in a modern way. Same goes with dodge in the Challenger.

If you want to buy a Camaro, no one is saying NO don't do it.

For myself and a lot of other people, if they had to put $60k to an american brand. I'd say dodge sales will show which direction that cash will be flowing.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1457 on: August 25, 2014, 11:35:38 AM »
No offense to the people out there that have the Camaro. But COME ON. Chevy seriously missed the boat on the redesign of the Camaro in a BIG way. I'm not saying chevy is bad...

:thumbs:

My thought is, that Charger is going to bring some people BACK to American sports cars, who otherwise maybe wouldn't buy one. (like me)
Tons of people out there who can afford 60-70k. And REALLY want a fast car, but have to get a family sedan, because they have FAMILY. lol But, their money goes to BMW, AUDI, MERCEDES.... the big 3 as far as performance SEDANS goes. Their wives tell them they need a 4 door, so they go get the fastes one they can lol. Its not that those people dont like american cars, necessarily. its that american SEDANS have really been blah for years lol. Our big 3 conceded that years ago.

this will draw SOME folks back.  :thumbs:

where, with the Chevy. those buyers have been hiding their mullets under their hats, waiting for the Camaro for years. I still say it needs t-tops. lol  And it should have an option that comes with at least ONE primered door, non functional hood scoop, and oversized tires on the back, that stick out 6" -oh and a horribly rattly sound system.  :rofl:

thats what "Camaro" says to me.

Ive long been a fan of turning regular cars into bad ass rides. Just what Im into...this Charger is like that to me. "JUST" a sedan, but lets cram 700 hp into it. Thats why I Like rally cars....

You ever see the Festiva they shoehorned a SHO motor into the back of and made RWD.? I wanted one so bad :lol:  Jay Leno owns a couple of em. They only made a few....  :rofl:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #1458 on: August 25, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
Both of you are a lost cause..........

as far as an extra 2 doors and more space I give you that....... :thumbs:

but power and looks...............:puke:  :rofl:

and as far as Dodge and quality........do you really think people used to BMWs and Mercedez are going to give a flying FERK about a shitty Charger with 700hp..........I'm not buying that these people will buy Dodge.......

We'll let the sales #s speak for themselves........Dodge has never had high sales.
I'm hoping the best for them though.

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1459 on: August 25, 2014, 12:26:37 PM »
Both of you are a lost cause..........

as far as an extra 2 doors and more space I give you that....... :thumbs:

but power and looks...............:puke:  :rofl:

and as far as Dodge and quality........do you really think people used to BMWs and Mercedez are going to give a flying FERK about a shitty Charger with 700hp..........I'm not buying that these people will buy Dodge.......

We'll let the sales #s speak for themselves........Dodge has never had high sales.
I'm hoping the best for them though.

I have my doubts too, but I think that's the hope. I like it.

I liked the charger before. I don't think its shitty...I like it because its available with AWD. Though...I feel like Chrysler's missing the boat a little, i rarely see an advertisement that showcases this. In fact, If I didn't follow the car biz..I wouldnt know.

Someone needs to make an AWD small diesel for cheap, and they'll kill it. note: VW (i think) is bringing a wagon with  diesel and with 4 motion later this year. Go anywhere, any weather, and barely use gas... Id be in that market. Alot of people will be Im sure.

A concept model that's nearly a dead-ringer for the production model will be at the New York auto show next week, wearing a "2.0 TDI 4Motion" badge.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/04/11/vw-sportwagen-new-york-auto-show/7600119/

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1460 on: August 25, 2014, 12:35:46 PM »
At least with the Challenger.. You can see where they came from. The Camaro is nothing but a new car design with an old name plastered onto it. If anything, they should have left the camaro tag off and made up a new car...

I'm not getting that at all here

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:53:39 PM by Krandall »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #1461 on: August 25, 2014, 12:39:12 PM »
I think the tint on the rear windows is similar.......... :rofl:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #1462 on: August 25, 2014, 12:45:55 PM »
I'm not comparing old model to new model............ what you stated there is true.
Looks are a matter of opinion though, you like the Challenger I get that. But you can't say its better than Mustang and Camaro because of that.
Thats like saying a 4x2 Ram is better than a 4x4 Silverado at off roading because it looks bad ass and has kept the same design lines for centuries........

I'm comparing helcat to Camaro (ZL1 in particular, hell even Z28 is a good match up) .

And if you want to only talk drag times the chevy boys bring the copo camaro.......... (ok that does sound a bit cocky, just likes peels likes it)

I know this is like competeing in the special olympics but it keeps me entertained.
:lol:

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1463 on: August 25, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »
LOL

I would KILL at the special olympics.  :thumbs:

That Orange CHallenger looks heavily modified. and badass. Looks better than the old IMO.

Camaro, the older car looks better :lol:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #1464 on: August 25, 2014, 12:50:17 PM »
Also I'm my opinion All 3 (mustang, camaro, challenger) american muscle cars look pretty good........ (that picture of the challenger you posted does look badass......)
AND if Challenger had magnetic suspension, super aerodynamics, could take a turn, and maybe had all wheel drive like peels says, plus the camaro didn't Id go with the challenger and never look back.

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #1465 on: August 25, 2014, 12:53:30 PM »
LOL

I would KILL at the special olympics.  :thumbs:

That Orange CHallenger looks heavily modified. and badass. Looks better than the old IMO.

Camaro, the older car looks better :lol:

well yea........ Randy is not dumb  subtle picture ques.......

old challenger= ugly drawing stock looking picture
new challenger= modified badassery

Old camaro =   modified badasseery.........not stock wheels......
new camaro= uglyest stock picture he could probably find.......lol....

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1466 on: August 25, 2014, 12:54:46 PM »
I updated the pic to a new stock challenger

And it's hard finding relatively new pictures of old cars that don't have some sort of shit done to them.. Relax your fukn pants.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1467 on: August 25, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »
or find a picture of a 69 challenger.. Good resolution relatively stock also.

I'll just let this pic do the talkin..

You can at least see where the roots are. You're right, I like the challenger. Because it's got roots and homage to where it actually came from. Dodge had a well thought out plan to recreate an extremely iconic car. As did Ford with the mustang I'd take a new mustang in a heartbeat.
Chevy on the otherhand... designed a car and thought hmmm, we should jump on this bandwagon too... What car body can we use? Oh , we have this one right here we were gonna call the blahblah.. But lets use this for the Camaro!!!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #1468 on: August 25, 2014, 12:58:08 PM »
AWWW should have left the other one..........:(

since when do you give a crap what we say......LOL

this made my get a chubby.........stock

PEELS GRAB MY MULLET!
LETS ROOL!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:01:42 PM by Krandall »

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #1469 on: August 25, 2014, 01:03:37 PM »
I get what you're saying........
That Transformers thing from chevy was super chezzy......and gives me heartburn everytime i think of it.
but you still can't say it's a better car just because of that.

Next gen camaro is going to be lighter and smaller plus a couple more ponies too........
Making the best better.
just saying.