Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124611 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #1035 on: September 30, 2011, 01:15:39 PM »
"Toe Suck Fairy" arrested on new charges

Randy Orvis, 26, was arrested on Monday after two women identified him from a photo line-up as "the man who approached them in local stores commenting on their feet and asking to suck their toes," said LaTresha Woodruff, spokeswoman for the Minneapolis Police Department.

One of the women described the man as having "really messed up toes."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/27/us-crime-toesucker-idUSTRE78Q38420110927
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #1036 on: October 01, 2011, 04:01:00 AM »
Peelz, you just jealous cos he wouldn't suck your toes.......... :thumbs:
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1037 on: October 01, 2011, 07:54:50 AM »
Peelz, you just jealous cos he wouldn't suck your toes.......... :thumbs:

annnn deennnnn?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1038 on: October 10, 2011, 02:33:53 PM »
Mags busted?

Man attacks son with sword for not doing chores, police say

A Ventura man was arrested Sunday after police said he attacked his 18-year-old son with a sword, accusing him of being lazy and not doing chores around the house.

Antonio Gutierrez, 43, was in a heated argument with his son, John, when he picked up a 4-foot-long sword, police said. The son tried to use his hands to defend himself, police said, but his hand was lacerated by the blade and he bled profusely.

When officers arrived at the family's residence, the father had left, police said, but he returned several hours later and was arrested and booked on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1039 on: November 21, 2011, 01:01:48 PM »
http://dvice.com/archives/2011/11/jilted-man-uses.php

In what has to go down in the history books as the best bounce back from a bad relationship ever, Eric Smith used the engagement ring he intended to propose with to buy a full-size suit of Master Chief's iconic green armor from the Halo series.

Preparing to embark on a new phase in life, Smith picked out a specific ring made to his girlfriend's tastes. That's when he found out she was seeing someone else. And that's the last we will mention her.

Desperately needing to unload the ring (as one would do) he found his only option for selling a custom ring was through eBay. But selling the ring wasn't enough. The money he received couldn't mend his broken heart and he felt the need to do something big with it.

As with most things in love the story is in the nuances. And we are glad to report that in this case the love story isn't about him and his broken heart. It's about his love of Halo. Smith decided to take the money and invest in a suit of Master Chief armor, another long time love and dream.

This wasn't just any costume shop suit; in fact Smith had been thinking about the ideal suit of armor for a long time but had expected to defer the purchase until later. An artist out of Detroit built him a 40-pound dark green suit made out of carbon fiber and steel. The helmet complete with an orange visor and LED's came from a master Stormtooper builder out of the Philippines. We didn't even know there was a master Stormtrooper builder in the Philippines, so clearly Smith did his homework.

By his own account, the suit is cumbersome, hot, takes up space and he has to walk incredibly slowly while wearing it. Strangely, not unlike a relationship.

But let's face it, that's what this suit of armor is. To Smith, it was more than just a toy, but a way to fight his broken heart and what better way to do it that with the ultimate homage to something that has brought you comfort and happiness over the years?

We think it is a love story after all. Dude, you made the right choice.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #1040 on: November 21, 2011, 01:10:14 PM »
Cap-n.....we don't have the poweeerrrr!

:rofl:

Star Trek Ashes
James Doohan, who played Scotty on the original Star Trek television series (and in seven big-screen Star Trek films), had it rough. All he wanted was for his ashes to be shot into space, a process that seems simpler than it actually is. In May 2007, after a brief flight in suborbital space on the back of a private rocket, the ashes crashed down to the New Mexico desert. A year later, as part of another attempt to send his remains into the cosmos, a rocket carrying them exploded over the Pacific Ocean. Doohan was just trying to follow in the footsteps of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, who had his ashes shot into space (alongside those of Timothy Leary's) in 1997 and also had a tiny portion of his remains placed aboard Columbia mission STS-52 in 1992.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2087112,00.html#ixzz1eN9sbFCq

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1041 on: November 21, 2011, 02:35:48 PM »
http://dvice.com/archives/2011/11/jilted-man-uses.php

In what has to go down in the history books as the best bounce back from a bad relationship ever, Eric Smith used the engagement ring he intended to propose with to buy a full-size suit of Master Chief's iconic green armor from the Halo series.

Preparing to embark on a new phase in life, Smith picked out a specific ring made to his girlfriend's tastes. That's when he found out she was seeing someone else. And that's the last we will mention her.

Desperately needing to unload the ring (as one would do) he found his only option for selling a custom ring was through eBay. But selling the ring wasn't enough. The money he received couldn't mend his broken heart and he felt the need to do something big with it.

As with most things in love the story is in the nuances. And we are glad to report that in this case the love story isn't about him and his broken heart. It's about his love of Halo. Smith decided to take the money and invest in a suit of Master Chief armor, another long time love and dream.

This wasn't just any costume shop suit; in fact Smith had been thinking about the ideal suit of armor for a long time but had expected to defer the purchase until later. An artist out of Detroit built him a 40-pound dark green suit made out of carbon fiber and steel. The helmet complete with an orange visor and LED's came from a master Stormtooper builder out of the Philippines. We didn't even know there was a master Stormtrooper builder in the Philippines, so clearly Smith did his homework.

By his own account, the suit is cumbersome, hot, takes up space and he has to walk incredibly slowly while wearing it. Strangely, not unlike a relationship.

But let's face it, that's what this suit of armor is. To Smith, it was more than just a toy, but a way to fight his broken heart and what better way to do it that with the ultimate homage to something that has brought you comfort and happiness over the years?

We think it is a love story after all. Dude, you made the right choice.

L-O-L

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1042 on: November 25, 2011, 08:34:13 AM »

Iowa’s Hamburglar surrenders to police
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/iowa-hamburglar-surrenders-police-184124567.html

A 21-year-old man in Iowa has turned himself in to the police after breaking into a McDonald's, cooking himself some hamburgers and fries, and then leaving.

The man, Whitley Allen Teslow, a Warburg College student, turned himself in to the Cedar Falls Police Department after seeing coverage of his burglary on the news yesterday. Teslow has been charged with third-degree burglary, fourth-degree criminal mischief and fifth-degree theft.

The break-in was discovered by some mindful observers at 4:20 a.m., the Waterloo Daily Courier reports:

McDonald's workers arrived at 4:20 a.m. Sunday to find the glass in the drive-up window broken, and it appeared food had been cooked in the restaurant. Security footage showed the man first tapped on the glass at the window. No one was in the store, so he broke the glass and climbed inside. Police had made reference to the animated character "the Hamburglar" from McDonald's commercials in a press release.

Local authorities have refused to speculate on whether Grimace will serve as a character witness at the impending trial.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1043 on: November 25, 2011, 11:26:12 AM »
All I wanted was a cheezburger!!!  :lol:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #1044 on: November 29, 2011, 10:24:57 AM »
Bad News Makes Page 1; Good News Is Ignored: Many major news organizations did not even report that last month the final B53 city-buster nuclear bomb was disassembled. The Federation of American Scientists has the details. A vestige of the darkest days of the Cold War, the B53 was a nine-megaton death device, the most powerful U.S. weapon ever built. Its blast yield was about 750 times greater than that of the Hiroshima atomic bomb. Horrible as the Hiroshima bomb was, many citizens of Hiroshima survived; the B53 was designed to incinerate an entire large city such as Moscow, leaving no one alive. Once the United States had more than 300 of these monstrosities; now all are gone. The equivalent Russian very large nuclear bombs have been disassembled, too.

Someday when historians look back on our era, they may not pay a huge amount of attention to Lady Gaga or Ryan Seacrest but will be amazed that we paid so little attention to the end of the doomsday threat to civilization. In the mid-1980s, the United States and old Soviet Union each possessed more than 30,000 nuclear warheads, including hundreds on both sides powerful enough to obliterate large cities. Had an all-out nuclear war occurred, most of humanity would have died, while the survivors might have envied the dead. Today each side has about 2,000 nuclear warheads, and the New Start Treaty, ratified by the Senate in 2010, requires both sides to drop to about 1,500 warheads by 2016.

Once that's finished, America still will have plenty of deterrent power -- 1,500 nuclear bombs is, itself, unimaginable force. And war with the remaining nuclear devices still would be horrific. But 95 percent of the old doomsday arsenal will no longer exist. Yet not only is this not hailed as wonderful news, many don't even seem aware such progress has occurred.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1045 on: November 29, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »
There was actually a first page article about that last month on Gizmodo :thumbs:

Pretty cool stuff, instead of the mass chaos devices now we have pin point accuracy drones 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #1046 on: November 29, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »
There was actually a first page article about that last month on Gizmodo :thumbs:

Pretty cool stuff, instead of the mass chaos devices now we have pin point accuracy drones 8) 8) 8) 8)

No, now we have pin point mass chaos devices :nod:

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #1047 on: November 29, 2011, 10:50:59 PM »

No, now we have pin point mass chaos devices :nod:
Just point those f**kers somewhere else ok!
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1048 on: December 05, 2011, 10:23:42 AM »
Black college student hangs Confederate flag in dorm room, admits it’s “kind of weird”

It's no great shock to learn that 19-year-old college student in South Carolina provoked a storm of protests after he'd hung a Confederate flag from his dorm room window. But here's the twist: The student in question, Byron Thomas, is black.

"I know it's kind of weird because I'm black," Thomas said in a video he posted online in response to his school's request that he take the flag down.

Thomas, who says he prefers to be called black rather than African-American, adds that he believes the Confederate flag is a sign of Southern pride, and not racism. The University of South Carolina Beaufort has since relented and said Thomas can put the flag back up in his room if he wants.

"When I look at this flag, I don't see racism. I see respect, Southern pride," Thomas said. "This flag was seen as a communication symbol" during the Civil War, he added. "I've been getting a lot of support from people. My generation is interested in freedom of speech."

The university received about two-dozen complaints from students and families visiting around the Thanksgiving holiday, said spokeswoman Candace Brasseur. In response, the university sent Thomas, his fellow students and the university staff an email asking that the flag be removed from public view, "out of respect for his fellow students' concerns." However, Brasseur said the university has since reversed itself, electing to permit Thomas to put the flag back up; because of the school's "firm belief in the First Amendment and its right of free speech, the University cannot and will not prohibit these flags or other symbols that our students choose to display," she said.

However, there is one obstacle potentially greater than peer pressure or university rules that may prompt him to Thomas to take the flag down: his parents. He says his parents are not fans of his decision to hoist the flag--and, well, they are paying his tuition bills.

"I don't want to make my parents mad," he said. "I may wait until Monday to put it up."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1049 on: December 07, 2011, 02:52:01 PM »
please call me caucasian instead of white plz.