Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0  (Read 124644 times)

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
Re: Breaking News Thread Version 2.0
« Reply #675 on: July 24, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #676 on: July 24, 2010, 03:30:18 PM »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #677 on: July 29, 2010, 09:43:17 AM »
EPA: 1M gallons of oil may be in Mich. river
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100729/ap_on_bi_ge/us_michigan_river_oil_spill

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. – Federal officials now estimate that more than 1 million gallons of oil may have spilled into a major river in southern Michigan, and the governor is sharply criticizing clean-up efforts as "wholly inadequate."

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency released the update Wednesday night, shortly after Gov. Jennifer Granholm lambasted attempts to contain the oil flowing down the Kalamazoo River. She warned of a "tragedy of historic proportions" if the oil reaches Lake Michigan, which is still at least 80 miles downstream from where oil has been seen.

Granholm called on the federal government for more help, saying resources being marshaled by the EPA and Enbridge Inc., which owns the pipeline that leaked the oil, were "wholly inadequate."

Calgary, Alberta-based Enbridge said earlier Wednesday that it had redoubled its efforts to clean up the mess. Chief executive Patrick D. Daniel said the company had made "significant progress," though he had no update on a possible cause, cost or timeframe for the cleanup.

On Thursday, the company said it was bringing in additional resources as quickly as possible.

The company didn't return messages for comment after Granholm's statements.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #678 on: July 29, 2010, 11:38:40 AM »
Housrou Kedji: Swallows 85 Coke-Filled Condoms, Spends Long Night On The Bowl
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/07/housrou_kedji_swallows_85_coke.php

Housrou Kedji's got 85 problems, but a bitch ain't one. Except for the bitch of shitting out 85 cocaine-filled condoms while law enforcement agents watched.

Kedji was acting very, very nervous as he boarded a plane at Bush Intercontinental June 29, according to court documents."His heart was racing, his hands were shaking and he relayed conflicting stories about his whereabouts and activities in Houston," the criminal complaint says. (How they knew his heart was racing, it doesn't say.)

Kedji initially denied having swallowed any narcotics, but eventually admitted it. The ICE officials x-rayed him, took him to the bathroom and whoever drew the short straw stayed with him from 5:27 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.

"Kedji began expelling pellets," is the euphemism ICE uses; the first pellet tested positive for coke, and Kedji "continued expelling similar sized and shaped pellets until approximately 10:31 a.m., on July 21, when his x-ray was clear of pellets."

Kedji had told officers he had swallowed "about 80" condoms, so the five must have been a little lagniappe. Or maybe you lose count.

The crap-stained haul eventually amounted to about one kilogram of the drug, which was headed for Europe on an Air France flight.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #679 on: July 29, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
Awesome  :lol: :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #680 on: July 30, 2010, 08:50:26 AM »
Pretty good article about valet parking:
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1484/confessions-of-a-parking-valet/

Just a little excerpt:

When you're not around to see it, there's a lot valets do:

* Blast the stereo and change the radio stations: "Any time that I have a car with a good stereo in it, I take an extra minute to check out the sound quality. I also change the satellite radio station, but I almost always change it back."

* Speed in a parking structure or on the street while driving to a lot: "We once had a running contest going to see who could get the fastest top speed inside the hotel parking structure. I set the record with a 55-mph run in a Porsche 996 GT2."

* Rev the engines of performance cars: "I can't help revving up the engines of the cool cars I get to park. My favorite was a Lamborghini Gallardo. I drove it straight to the top floor and called all of my friends in my phonebook. I said, 'Guess what I'm driving!' then stuck the phone out the window and revved the engine. Heck, I even called my parents and did that."

* Drift: "After our parking garage is cleaned, we have to re-park all of the cars back in the structure. Of course, having an empty, wet parking structure just begs for a little hoonage. I take every rear-wheel-drive rental car and find out how well they drift going up the structure. Surprisingly, the Chrysler Crossfire does a great job. Gotta love rental cars; they take the most abuse."

* Go through the customer's property: "Though I personally never rifled through anyone's belongings, I hear plenty of, 'You should have seen what I found in this person's car' while we're standing around waiting for cars to pull in."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #681 on: August 02, 2010, 05:00:09 PM »
Goddamn valets  :mad:

You guys remember Ferris Bueller and the Mustang :rofl:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #682 on: August 03, 2010, 08:53:27 AM »

:bslap:

what kind of car was that again?

mistaking Mustang for Ferrari...

:door:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #683 on: August 03, 2010, 12:14:55 PM »
that parking lot drifting sounds sweet! :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #684 on: August 03, 2010, 01:26:37 PM »

:bslap:

what kind of car was that again?

mistaking Mustang for Ferrari...

:door:

Meh bad, I was thinking of a different car at the time...haven't seen Bueller in years :(

i'll show myself out :door:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #685 on: August 03, 2010, 03:08:56 PM »
hold the door for Krandall.  :lol:

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #686 on: August 03, 2010, 06:53:08 PM »
& kick his ass on the way past!
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #687 on: August 04, 2010, 08:48:31 AM »
Majority of BP spill 'dealt with'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10867731

White House energy adviser Carol Browner: "This is an important turning point"

Almost three-quarters of the oil spilled in the Gulf of Mexico has been cleaned up or broken down by natural forces, the US government says.

White House energy adviser Carol Browner announced on Wednesday that only a quarter of the leaked oil posed any further danger to the environment.

The majority has either been captured, burned off, or evaporated, she said.

Ms Browner was speaking hours after BP announced that its "static kill" procedure had been successful.
US Oil Spill

* Biggest ever, but how bad?
    * Timeline: BP oil spill
    * Controlling a robot claw
    * Oil dispersant 'not more toxic'

"The scientists are telling us about 25% was not captured or evaporated or taken care of by mother nature," said Ms Browner on the ABC television network.

Ms Browner said a report, which will be released later on Wednesday, was "encouraging". But she then added that more cleanup was necessary.

"This is an initial assessment by our scientists in the government and outside the government. We think it's important to make this available to the public. That's what we'll be doing today," she said.

The New York Times said the report from the National Oceanic and Atmosphere Administration indicated it was unlikely beaches along the Gulf of Mexico would be covered by surfacing oil in the future.

And although the report may claim residents along the Gulf will not see their beaches coated with oil, Ms Browner warns we may continue to see effects from the disaster.
Graphic: What happened to the oil?

"Mother nature will continue to break it down. But some of it may come onshore, as weathered tar balls. And those will be cleaned up. They can be cleaned up. And we will make sure they are cleaned up," she said.
A 'big step'

Meanwhile, BP says the "static kill" of its ruptured Gulf of Mexico oil well has worked, a big step towards sealing it.

On Tuesday, the oil giant began pumping a drilling fluid known as mud into the well from vessels on the surface.

Experts believe the mud will force the oil back down.

Workers stopped their static kill procedure after eight hours to monitor the well and make sure it remained stable.

BP said well pressure was being controlled by the pressure of the mud, which was "the desired outcome".

A 18,000ft (5486m) relief well is also currently being drilled, which BP will use later this month to perform a "bottom kill" procedure.

Retired Coast Guard Adm Thad Allen said mud and cement would be injected into the bottom of the damaged well as the last step in the process to permanently stop the leaking oil.

"There should be no ambiguity about that. I'm the national incident commander, and this is how this will be handled," Adm Allen said

Efforts to kill the well are becoming increasingly important as hurricane season approaches in the Gulf.

Oil began flowing into the Gulf after an explosion on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig in April. Eleven workers were killed in the blast.

The leaking oil was stopped on 15 July when BP closed a new cap it placed on the leaking well.

An estimated 4.9 million barrels of oil leaked into the waters of the Gulf during 87 days, with only 800,000 barrels being captured.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #689 on: August 13, 2010, 12:04:22 PM »
damn impressive!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: