Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: SwayBar Questions  (Read 4398 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: SwayBar Questions
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2008, 08:25:16 AM »
That's what I was going to do w/ my old arms. Riding through the woods in the tall grass, it beat the hell out of the Powder Coating on the arms. Next time I'm up @ my parents I think a sway bar is on the project list. 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
  • Just livin' the dream!!
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 08:29:09 AM »
  I'd LOVE to have a Rath but I figured my money is better spent elsewhere.  New tires this year were a must.   The guy who mounted my tires a few weeks ago cut the bead on my new rear tire so now I have to pick up another one.  I hate to take a chance on studding a tire that possibly won't seal up.   :mad:
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

Offline Oilfield_Mafia

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Team Prick! FTW!
    • Diesel Bombers
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2009, 06:25:08 PM »
Will these swaybar setups work for any flat track racing? Is there any downside to having them for trail riding?
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009, 05:26:28 AM »
   You definately DON'T want these for trail riding!!!  It makes both front wheels work in unison which would be bad for anothing not completely flat.  I get zero side tilt with the sway bar hooked up.  But yes, they would work for any flat track racing as the help transfer weight in the corners.
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2009, 10:05:32 AM »
which sway did you go with or did you make one sully? I can't remember

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2009, 10:07:13 AM »
  I made my own.  Pretty easy and very adjustable.  Painted it with Rino-lining so it looks good and takes a beating.  :thumbs:
06 700R with:

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2009, 10:07:37 AM »
  You coming over next weekend?  8)
06 700R with:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »
  I made my own.  Pretty easy and very adjustable.  Painted it with Rino-lining so it looks good and takes a beating.  :thumbs:

We have our own ice race goin on next weekend. 8)

my bro and I are gonna rip it up in the studless class :lol:

the following day is the WSA pro oval race about 1/2 hour away from my place. Pretty pumped to watch that!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2009, 10:19:57 AM »
  Bummer,  You'd like riding here.  But it's supposed to be in the high 30's so it may be wet by mid-afternoon.  :(    We have better trophies!  :thumbs:
06 700R with: