Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: who is your favorite presidential candidate?  (Read 7770 times)

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: who is your favorite presidential candidate?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 10:00:26 AM »
There are issues that I can relate with the current choices, but none who I can whole heartily support.  Mitt, Newt, and Rick are just bureaucrats doing as they do. Ron Paul is less beurocrat IMO, but some of his ideals are just stupid (IE Foreign Policy, military scale down, isolationism).  Obama has not accomplished anything. He gets credit for things not of his doing (Iraq withdrawal timeline was a Bush initiative), and getting Bin Laden had more to do with getting the right Intel at the right time, than what President occupied the white house.

The economic woes we face are major.  And are not a single person’s, or single political parties to own up to. We don't build as much stuff that the rest of the world wants anymore.  The big three automotive companies are building better vehicles now, but there not building ones that are selling overseas.  And the ones that are selling overseas weren't built here in the first place. So buying a new ford, Chevy, or dodge isn't helping us grow the economy as much as we're simply passing the money around amongst ourselves. We have demanded that our labor is more valuable than others, and therefore lost those jobs to those willing to suffice for less.  Then we "Stimulate" the economy by passing more money we don't have around within the populous to spend on foreign products...Anyone see a problem here?
"Stop buying from China!", "Increase import tax"...is the cry I hear lately....Sounds great in principle, however we are tied at the hip with China.  Without them our consumer product prices will skyrocket, and the chances of them trying to cash our rubber check goes up.  Without us, they have no customers so their economy tanks.  So we're caught up in a self licking ice cream cone...
Is there a way out?...Maybe, IMO it will not be immediate, nor anytime in the near future, but I think it's possible most likely off the backs of our kids/grandkids.  We need to re-look at how we image "Success" to our kids.  It's definitely not the current idolization of Entertainers and Sports stars.  In fact, it should have nothing to do with potential for income, except to ensure they make enough to live their lives happily.  That's all most parents ever want for their kids anyway, but somehow that's not the message we always convey.  Somewhere, we've implanted a thought that working with your hands for a living isn’t successful.  Bullshit, if you enjoy it, and it pays the bills you are a 100% success as far as I'm concerned. Working in an office, in a suit and tie, isn't going away, but shouldn't be viewed as were we have to be in order to achieve success.  If "Working with your hands" isn't viewed as success, we will never build anything anyone elsewhere wants. 
If we start a TRUE recommitment to ourselves, and our kids in education, and mentality that chemical, civil, mechanical, and electrical engineers, mechanics, scientists, soldiers, teachers and above all, ANY person who puts in 40+ hours a week to feed his/her family are the true heroes worthy of everyone’s respect, then those who are working will take a greater sense of pride in what they do vice wishing they were elsewhere "living the dream".  This recommitment requires a change in the status quo in our public education systems, and ourselves.  First, education.  Take your Tenure, and shove it in your ass.  The rest of the country lives in a competitive world, and is forced to compete everyday to keep what the have, and attempt to reach higher.  I don’t blame the teachers we have, it’s the system that is the issue.  If you want to teach, you should have to perform at a higher level than the person willing to replace you, not just above the standards dictated by the state. Period.  Just like the rest of deal with everyday.

Second, PAY THE GAWD DAMN TEACHERS!  If we want the best for our kids; we must be willing to pay for it.  If you make teaching competitive well beyond its current state, and offer up a sizeable salary for those positions, the cream of the crop will show up.  A good teacher making less than $40k is shameful.  These are the folks we depend on to teach our kids, to inspire them to learn more, and help instruct them on the basics of a solid work ethic.  Yet, we pay them like shit, and only pay the tenured ones more for achieving  the standard…..Oh, by the way….you can shove “No child left behind” back up the poop chute of whomever birthed that turd.

Ok, Ok…almost done ranting….but this is the part that will guarantee I never get elected for shit.
We live in a Capitalistic Republic… therefore; we all have the chance to achieve the “American Dream” right? Right.  
However, that also means we must let those who continue to fail, Fail.  
If you continue to be fired from job after job because you can’t come to work sober, or are too lazy….I’m not paying for you to be on welfare, or retrain you for a new job, or your food stamps…..You’re on your own.  
I have no issue with hard working people needing a hand up.  Everyone has lost a job, and has needed some help, and I don’t mind that, because who knows someday that could be me.
 Just don’t bite my phucking hand, because it will punch you in the face.  If you were fired for cause 3 consecutive times, eat a dick, the card board box behind bestbuy has your name on it.

Spartan for mutha fukkin Kiaser y’all…I’m out
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:50:10 PM by Colorado700R »

Offline Cammy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • I taste, like awesome feels!
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 10:08:49 AM »
Ok, Ok…almost done ranting….but this is the part that will guarantee I never get elected for shit.
We live in a Capitalistic Republic… therefore; we all have the chance to achieve the “American Dream” right? Right. 
If you continue to be fired from job after job because you can’t come to work sober, or are too lazy….I’m not paying for you to be on welfare, or retrain you for a new job, or your food stamps…..You’re on your own. 
I have no issue with hard working people needing a hand up.  Everyone has lost a job, and has needed some help, and I don’t mind that, because who knows someday that could be me.
 Just don’t bite my phucking hand, because it will punch you in the face.  If you were fired for cause 3 consecutive times, eat a dick, the card board box behind bestbuy has your name on it.

Spartan for mutha fukkin Kiaser y’all…I’m out

:clap:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 10:08:58 AM »
:rofl:

:clap:

that was one of the most awe inspiring rants I've read to date. rock on Aaron.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 11:15:53 AM »
well said Aaron. :thumbs:

I agree MOSTLY on Obama, hes being soft, but the problem isn't all the president. Its the assholes in gov't that would rather bitch about the other side and not work together to find a solution! BOTH SIDES-The world is not black and white. If pres. has a bad idea, help him fix it....I don't care if you don't like him, figure it the fuk out. Thats what WE, as americans are paying you to do. Pretty sure if I was given a task, and somebody else at work came up with an idea, then I refused to help because I dislike their party, OR just come up with my own better plan, I would be fired. and rightly so.

I am sick of having my candidates force fed to me. I dont like that to be liberal, you have to be one way, and to be conservative, you have to be the other way...the world is way more gray area than that.

some shit I'm liberal about. weed and hookers...semi-liberal. Family values, and working for a living-conservative. Politicians change their views in order to fit into their selected party, Which I find disgusting. for instance: " if Im going to get elected, I better have such and such view...."  hate it. OUr political system now is "vote one party in, bitch about them for  4-8 years, then select the other party" :lol: I think it should be more working together every day.

But again, I'm sorry. I would like to be able to vote conservative based on financial issues alone, but Reps are drilling holes in their own boat. Gingrich vs Romney, are you phucking serious? those are my choices??? Santorum seems like the coach of a baseball team that hasn't won a game in 50 years, Ron Paul has a FEW decent ideas, but he looks and sounds old and creepy. Like he should be leading a backwoods religious zealot militia or something....
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 11:20:56 AM »
also, need that picture of BL to make that campaign flyer :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 11:56:11 AM »
also....Aaron, to be more exact:

fukin A!  :thumbs:

we all have the chance to achieve the “American Dream” right? Right. 
I have no issue with hard working people needing a hand up.  Everyone has lost a job, and has needed some help, and I don’t mind that, because who knows someday that could be me.
 Just don’t bite my phucking hand, because it will punch you in the face.  If you were fired for cause 3 consecutive times, eat a dick, the card board box behind bestbuy has your name on it.

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
 :confused: what the FERK are you all talking about?

VP Funyun, continue :blah:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 03:54:31 PM »
:confused: what the phuck are you all talking about?

VP Funyun, continue :blah:

funyun=  "should we buy all our interns "morning after pill"?
             "does it mater if we butt humped them at night"
             "think i can get famous like Monica if i blow you?"
             "think i can be on Oprah?"

:rofl:  

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:02:24 PM by Magz »

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 08:04:19 AM »
LOL

He needs to write a book before going on Oprah.  :lol:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 08:09:45 AM »
or atleast read a book..........  :lol:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »
What are our chioces for VP?

I've seen Funyun's name thrown out as a possiblity, but he'd end up being more ignored than Joe Biden...if that's possible?

We could choose Phucker for VP, but I fear a Cheney-esk repeat of history when Dan shoots someone in the face.

How about Krandall?  Wait...wait...This country isn't ready for a Homosexual VP yet.

Peels?  Hmm.. well we know where the legalization of drugs debate will go...But on the flipside, I bet the white house will be clean as a whistle at all times.

Hefe....err...no.  An online Megan's Law tag on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is just wrong!

Magz? Put a little Latino heat in a White House? It worked for Arnold Schwarzenegger right? :confused:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:08:47 PM by Colorado700R »

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »
4gunz? Nah he wouldn't settle for 2nd place
Colorado? I'd have to worry about him pushing the big red button all the time, and I have a feeling Nebraska would meet with an unfortunate accidental nuclear discharge

There's always Lady4fiddy :lol: Of course I'd definitely have to worry about her doing the interns...:confused:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 02:01:43 PM »
Maybe Tonto?

Roy can sharpen his scaplin' knife during congress sessions just in case some cake-hole wants to start a fillabuster..

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 02:06:40 PM »
Tonto does have the work all the time thing down...

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 02:22:06 PM »
4gunz? Nah he wouldn't settle for 2nd place
Colorado? I'd have to worry about him pushing the big red button all the time, and I have a feeling Nebraska would meet with an unfortunate accidental nuclear discharge

There's always Lady4fiddy :lol: Of course I'd definitely have to worry about her doing the interns...:confused:

Pretty sure there's laws against peeing in someones butt.. ???

:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once