Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: need help finding an intake for the wolvy. (i think i have it figured out!!!)  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Warren

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Email
ok i have got my HMF pipe on order for the wolverine. now i'm looking for a intake for it. nobody makes one for the 33MM carb it has. so i'm going to make a whole new airbox with a K&N filter adadtor in it. the closest filter kit i have found is for the raptor 350 at 36MM. my original plan was to use a trinty intake for a raptor but i think that would be to big. can anyone help me to find an aluminum intake adaptor that is close to 33MM?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 06:39:49 PM by warren »
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
Re: need help finding an intake for the wolvy.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 10:20:01 PM »
Good question I've been looking to. Do you have a clutch kit?
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline Warren

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 10:28:31 PM »
no i don't have a clutch kit. i don't think i'm going to get one for it. i think the exhaust, jet and intake will be good enough.
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Offline Warren

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 11:22:30 AM »
i found that prodesign makes an intake for the wolverine 350, which has the same size intake as the 450. but the intake adaptor doesn't look like it goes through the air box wall it looks more like it mounts flat up against the inside wall.

go to http://www.prodesignracing.com/main.htm and click on "yamaha" in the side menu then click on "pro-flow filter kit" about 3/4 of the way down the list and look at the kit for the wolverine 350.

let me know what you guys think about that one.

EDIT: never mind on this one either. i just went and looked at the wolvy and it looks as though the filter adaptor would just mount flat against the side.  :(
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:24:25 PM by warren »
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 05:44:48 PM »
Don't think it will work. They need to update there site they offer a ton more stuff than that.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline Warren

• VIP
    • Email
i just went out and took the rubber section between the box and the carb off to measure opening in the air box. it is damn close to 2 inches. when i get the new exhaust i'm going to be taking off the air box in order to get to the carb in order to re-jet it. i'm going to try a peice of 2 inch aluminum pipe from work and see if that will fit in the little rubber thingy. if it does then i am going to be getting a universial air filter from K&N. and then i will be making my custom airbox.  :clap:

i have one question for you guys. this box should be pretty easy to make for me. and since there is no manufacturers making a aluminum airbox for the wolverine 450. you guys think anyone would want to buy one from me?
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
i just went out and took the rubber section between the box and the carb off to measure opening in the air box. it is damn close to 2 inches. when i get the new exhaust i'm going to be taking off the air box in order to get to the carb in order to re-jet it. i'm going to try a peice of 2 inch aluminum pipe from work and see if that will fit in the little rubber thingy. if it does then i am going to be getting a universial air filter from K&N. and then i will be making my custom airbox.  :clap:

i have one question for you guys. this box should be pretty easy to make for me. and since there is no manufacturers making a aluminum airbox for the wolverine 450. you guys think anyone would want to buy one from me?
just take your time making and designing it :thumbs:

if its good and works for different types of riding people might buy it, or you could sell the design to a big company :thumbs:

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
From a buyers standpoint I would like to know the power gains.
You live close to a dyno?

The intake tube length will greatly effect air flow?

What about a large filter like Fuel Customs 700 kit, inverted end that helps swirl the air. The LTR filter is the same style just not as large, I think.

Offline Warren

• VIP
    • Email
From a buyers standpoint I would like to know the power gains.
You live close to a dyno?

The intake tube length will greatly effect air flow?

What about a large filter like Fuel Customs 700 kit, inverted end that helps swirl the air. The LTR filter is the same style just not as large, I think.

well acording to my measurements nobody could fit a larger fitler than 3.5 outside diameter of the fitler element. and i don't think i live close to a dyno either. i'm really not doing this for a power upgrade i'm doing this becuase the stock set up with the "drop-in" filter (i guess it's called) scares the shit out of me. i could just make an adaptor for the box but i figured a whole new air box would look cooler. lol
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
Rock On Warren