Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Throttle Adjustment?  (Read 939 times)

Offline SUNNY1881

• Street Cred: 0
Throttle Adjustment?
« on: May 27, 2008, 11:10:19 AM »
Ok so the screw and the back of the throttle is a govenor screw. Which way do I screw it to get the most throttle? I'm guessing I turn it lefty loosey to get maximum throttle, correct? Where do I snug it tight at? With the screw almost coming out or no? Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks, Sunny!

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: Throttle Adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »
Yes left loosey  :lol:, it should have a nut on the srew to allow you to snug it in it's position.

Aaron

Offline SUNNY1881

• Street Cred: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 11:26:37 AM »
Yes left loosey  :lol:, it should have a nut on the srew to allow you to snug it in it's position.

Aaron

Somebody told me recently to just take it out completely. Is this ok, I think it should be, there's no lube in there or anything!

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 11:44:17 AM »

Aaron

Somebody told me recently to just take it out completely. Is this ok, I think it should be, there's no lube in there or anything!

You can take it out, but I would plug the hole with something to keep sand/dirt out of the throttle assembly.

Aaron

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 09:21:38 AM »
You could take it out if you wanted to too, but i wouldnt. It should have a nut on it to keep it tight, and yes lefty loosey gets more throttle. If you do take it all the way out i would put a shorter screw of some sort in there instead but still keeping it way out to get more throttle. Thats what i did on my dad grizzly because he complained it stuck out to far.