!--------New Here???????--------! > Are you the New Kid on the Block?

660 raptor problem please help

(1/5) > >>

aaron:
hey there ive got a 2001 raptor 660 everything is stock on it expet for the kn air filter has the air box lid still on it,new carb rebuild kit with stock jets,valves were checked,has 180 psi compression,strat,idles and drives but has no power at all seems really boggy through out the whole throttle i have the carbs tuned at about 4 and half turns out were is the only setting it seems to run fine.

Colorado700R:
sounds like it maybe running rich. Do you smell fuel in the exhaust? What elevation are you riding at? Stock jets for the midwest are way too rich for a stock bike in places like here in Colorado.

Peelz:
YAY a 660 question!!!!  :nod:

does it sputter and pop when you mash the throttle?

Or...does it sputter for a sec, then take off fine?

Or does it stay really really bogged down through all rpms with throttle open....?

carb rebuild...? hmmmm check to see both bowls are filling... stuck float? you could be starving it. Stuck choke...?

stock jets should be fine...

there is always that off chance the good ole parking brake or clutch sensor is shorted too.... my favorite. cuts timing above 2000 rpm and makes you think you have a fuel problem.

aaron:

--- Quote ---(sounds like it maybe running rich. Do you smell fuel in the exhaust? What elevation are you riding at? Stock jets for the midwest are way too rich for a stock bike in places like here in Colorado.)

(YAY a 660 question!!!!

does it sputter and pop when you mash the throttle?

Or...does it sputter for a sec, then take off fine?

Or does it stay really really bogged down through all rpms with throttle open....?

carb rebuild...? hmmmm check to see both bowls are filling... stuck float? you could be starving it. Stuck choke...?

stock jets should be fine...

there is always that off chance the good ole parking brake or clutch sensor is shorted too.... my favorite. cuts timing above 2000 rpm and makes you think you have a fuel problem.)it seems to stay boggy through all the rpms the float level are at what book calls for choke is not stuck on wen put on it gets worse
--- End quote ---

yes i can smell some fuel coming out of the axhaust and im not sure of the elevation but im from novascotia,and had one before that had ran fine with stock jetting.

thanks for replying so quick guys :)

Peelz:
hmmm, did you mix up where the Needle clip goes maybe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version