Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Anti-Vibe stem mount  (Read 3961 times)

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
Re: Anti-Vibe stem mount
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 08:58:52 AM »
Thanks Preddy. I guess I'll put my stock stem back on and get some rox risers. See how that works out. Kinda sucks the stem I got is worthless.  :mad:

Yea, I was kinda pissed when I got rid of my ROX setup for the antivibe stem.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 09:05:01 AM »
id say get a good set of grips too... like spider or odi or pillowtops or something. im putting my pillow tops on today

Offline wobble

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 2
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 09:44:01 AM »
I've got the spider A3. I love 'em! Tried the ODI. I liked 'em, but they seemed to give me more arm pump since they are larger diameter.

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 09:45:29 AM »
gotcha... the stock ones gave my hands blisters, so i went with scott ones cas they werent as rough, but they have NO padding at all... so i am putting my new pillow tops on today  :thumbs:

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 09:47:14 AM »
I cant stand the A3's I always get blood blister from them. I had the SLT's and think they are the best thing since sliced bread!!

Offline wobble

• VIP
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 10:49:26 AM »
I tried the SLTs, but they got VERY slippery in the mud. Couldn't keep my hands on the grips. Kept sliding off. The A3s seem to have deep enough voids to channel the water and mud. Everyone is different though. Unfortunately, there isn't a grip that works the best in every condition for everyone.

Offline PDX Raptor

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 03:32:12 PM »
I have on a Houser anti-vibe mount and it is rubber. Seems to work pretty good (only have about 5hrs on it).
Charlie

Offline wobble

• VIP
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 11:18:08 AM »
Ok Preddy, I'm going to take your advice. My buddy has the rox risers on his '05 yfz450. He said he'll trade me for my modquad anti-vibe steering stem. (If his risers will fit on my raptor and my stem will fit on his yfz) Hopefully that will help out more than the stem did for me. It can't be any worse though since I really didn't notice any reduction in engine vibration with the stem.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 12:19:03 PM »
Ok Preddy, I'm going to take your advice. My buddy has the rox risers on his '05 yfz450. He said he'll trade me for my modquad anti-vibe steering stem. (If his risers will fit on my raptor and my stem will fit on his yfz) Hopefully that will help out more than the stem did for me. It can't be any worse though since I really didn't notice any reduction in engine vibration with the stem.

You have to have a raiser kit to clear the rox antivibe raisers. I got the  cheap Tusk kit from RM. Its a third of the cost of the ROX block raiser kit.

Offline wobble

• VIP
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »
Thanks for the info! I'll get it ordered.

Offline wobble

• VIP

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 10:13:06 AM »
Preddy, is this the one you got from RM?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&navTitle=Control&webTypeId=241&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=12976

Either way you go make sure if you get 7/8" raiser or 1 1/8" raiser get both rox raiser and tusk raiser the same.

Kinda hard to follow I know. You smell what I'm cook'in...lol

Offline wobble

• VIP
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »
Well that was clear as mud  :lol:

I want to make sure it will raise it enough to clear the tank.

This is the only other one I can find:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&navTitle=Control&webTypeId=241&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=3154

But that one converts it to a 1 1/8" mount. That won't work since his risers use the 7/8" mount.

Steve sells a ton of these. I guess, I'll check his website and see if he has some listed.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 10:27:12 AM »
If the rox rasiers are 7/8" to 1 1/8" then you'll be fine with that kit.   7/8" block raisers fitted to 7/8's to 1 1/8" rox anti vibe raisers to fast flex bars.

Steve sells a Rox block kit that is expensive as hell, I know Rox wants an arm and a leg for that kit.

Offline wobble

• VIP
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 08:45:07 PM »
Tested it out last weekend in the dunes. Works great! Didn't ride alot, but also didn't have any trouble with the vibration making my hands go numb. Thanks Preddy!

On a sad note.....was having a great time until we came up on a wreck that had just happened. Guy in a rhino got ejected. Wasn't wearing seat belt or helmet. Unfortunately resulted in a fatality. My 14 year old daughter was traumatized by what she saw. Took quite awhile to calm her down. I really feel bad for his family. I sincerely hope all of you wear your helmet. This was an unnecessary tragic event.  :(
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 03:10:31 PM by wobble »