Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: suggestions for builders  (Read 792 times)

Offline realdeal

• Street Cred: 1
suggestions for builders
« on: May 20, 2008, 04:18:37 PM »
I have been watching stuff on spike tv as many of you do also but i think it would be cool to have a thing about atvs like they do with trucks, horsepower tv, etc. You could get different quads in for different builds or fixes. I wonder how much would be involved in it and if a company would pretty much put up all the money for it. For instance those 2 guys on 2 guys garage didnt have an ass load of money to just start with a tv show. someone had the money and got them to do the stuff. It would be sweet for something like that but with atvs. 4x4, side by sides, sport quads, etc. Do all brands and shootouts and what not. Dyno stuff to show HP improvemtents and all. I think it would go over real good. It would be a good tutorial for ppl also. It may be just a dream or far fetched but surely someone or some company would give it a try. It would be a good tax write off too id imagine.

Would this not work or is this a decent idea.
Pros and cons?
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

FORMERLY KNOWN AS RAP7HUNDRED

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
Re: suggestions for builders
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:10:17 PM »
To start it up, you wold have to shoot a few pilot episodes. You would need a production crew, and someone great with editing footage. Your inital costs would envolve a few projects, and of course production expenses. It would be wise to have an attorney on retainer too. You would need a producer to sell the idea to networks and see if it went from there. Minimal costs, you're stll probably in the upper 6 figure range.

Even low budget stuff like Jackass still took bank to get it rolling.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline SandDragon

• Street Cred: 0
  • Poison Control Racing
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 12:33:20 AM »
I'm your huckleberry if you need a wrench.  :)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 09:56:12 AM »
I think this could be a great idea. you'd have to include all types of ATVs. from Utes, side by sides, to sport ones. But to get something like this started you'd have to have a pretty large bankroll :( unless you knew some people with some decent camera's and a good video editing crew like brian said.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline realdeal

• Street Cred: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 11:45:22 AM »
yea you would think that the group that does all the saturday morning mechanic shows would be game for doing all that. It would give them better ratings and help the ppl across the US that have atvs. I wonder if they have thought about it or not. ???
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

FORMERLY KNOWN AS RAP7HUNDRED