Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Possible Gas in Oil?  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Yamahauler

• Street Cred: 0
Possible Gas in Oil?
« on: May 28, 2008, 07:45:08 PM »
I know this post has been on some other sites but just thought I would put it on here. A few times on my 07' Raptor I have checked the oil and I don't know if it did or didnt have gas in it. But it shot out like crazy and kept doing it, so I know there was no way the Yamaha dealership over-filled it by that much. It has happened about 4 times and everytime I take it in they look at me like im stupid and tell me I overfilled the oil, when it fact I have never changed/added any oil. Someone told me that it may be a bad TPS (throttle position sensor) but I am not sure. The problem hasen't happened in a few months so maybe it won't happen again. Just some information, if anyone has any more info on this matter let me know.
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blingstar Victoty Bumper
PRM-Products Grab Bar
ASV C5 Levers
Dr. D Reverse Lever
Tusk Power Pull Tether Kill Switch
GYTR Intake
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust
AC Nerfs
Shockwear Shock Covers
Iridium Plug
Razr-2s
Renthal 15 Tooth Front Sprocket
Protaper Bars

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
Re: Possible Gas in Oil?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 08:20:16 AM »
the gas woulrd come out 1st when you drained it gas and water are more dense than oil...the oil would float on top in a seperat layer....the easiest way to tell is to drain your oil into a 2 liter soda bottle set it somewhere for as couple hours and see if it seperates into layers......that'll tell you for sure layers= contaminated oil
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline RR34

• Street Cred: 1
  • this is doo doo baby!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »
i dont know anything about this, but change your damn oil man!
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Offline tonyrt44

• VIP
  • when you present yourself, you gotta do it right
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 04:17:13 AM »
the gas woulrd come out 1st when you drained it gas and water are more dense than oil...the oil would float on top in a seperat layer....the easiest way to tell is to drain your oil into a 2 liter soda bottle set it somewhere for as couple hours and see if it seperates into layers......that'll tell you for sure layers= contaminated oil

Gas will not seperate from oil, they will blend together.
Ranking:   ???

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 08:15:59 PM »

Gas will not seperate from oil, they will blend together.

he was prob. thinkin' water. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Blair

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 12:43:01 AM »
i had the same issue, the solution to mine was.

the crank case became pressurized, there is a hose that goes from the crank case to the airbox, comes out of the case on the left side (i think) try making sure that the hose is not clogged, and make sure the valve in the airbox is clean
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Offline nitroceciljr

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 07:37:30 PM »
Hey Dude,
Just to let you know, dont underestimate your local Dealer I had the same problem when I took mine in for 1st service. I live about an hour away from min and when I got home I just happend to check my oil to be safe and when I did the oil came flying out all over the place!! So I called them up and took it back another hour trip so thay could drain the 3.75 qt of oil back out of it and put the rite amount back into it. 
So just a heads up to all.... Dealer's mess up to. . . ::)
2007 Raptor 700R SE
Full Trinity Stage lV Exhaust, Trinity Powerflow Kit With K&N, Power Comander 3, Dynatek Digital Ignition, GYTR A-Arm Skids