Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: i got gas in my oil AND Tranny issues  (Read 2345 times)

Offline thatguy

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
i got gas in my oil AND Tranny issues
« on: January 25, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »
smelled my dipstick the other day and it reaked of gas and felt it oil and it feels like water thats how much gas is in it.and the oil only has about 2hrs tops on it.so i cleaned my tps which was spotless anyways but i was still hoping it would cure my issue.change the oil put the throttle body back on and run it for about 45min and smell my oil and it smells horribly of gas :help:.so now for the tranny issue. it only happens when im downshifting from a higher gear as in 4th or fifth.ill go to hit the shifter lever down and it wont change gears so ill have to let the clutch out and ill here a clicking sound and then i will be able to shift,but thats not it.yesterday i powered up a wheelie in 4th gear and had it going for a bit then all in sudden i completly lose power to the wheels ???the motors still going fine never stalled or studered so i thought my chain broke.well my chains fine and i think i got serious tranny problems.all help would be greatly appreciated

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: i got gas in my oil AND Tranny issues
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 05:54:37 PM »
smelled my dipstick the other day and it reaked of gas and felt it oil and it feels like water thats how much gas is in it.and the oil only has about 2hrs tops on it.so i cleaned my tps which was spotless anyways but i was still hoping it would cure my issue.change the oil put the throttle body back on and run it for about 45min and smell my oil and it smells horribly of gas :help:.so now for the tranny issue. it only happens when im downshifting from a higher gear as in 4th or fifth.ill go to hit the shifter lever down and it wont change gears so ill have to let the clutch out and ill here a clicking sound and then i will be able to shift,but thats not it.yesterday i powered up a wheelie in 4th gear and had it going for a bit then all in sudden i completly lose power to the wheels ???the motors still going fine never stalled or studered so i thought my chain broke.well my chains fine and i think i got serious tranny problems.all help would be greatly appreciated

I would bet the problems are related since the raptor is a wet clutch system that uses the engine oil for lubrication  ???

Check your cylinder pressure vs. the spec, to see if your getting allot of blow by.

Aaron

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 05:58:34 PM »
I tend to agree. Oil is being broken down by the gas? making it too slick in tranny. Check the compression

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 06:00:37 PM by PeelsSE2 »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 06:42:05 PM »

I would bet the problems are related since the raptor is a wet clutch system that uses the engine oil for lubrication  ???

Check your cylinder pressure vs. the spec, to see if your getting allot of blow by.

Aaron

+1

Offline thatguy

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 06:56:49 PM »
i only got like 40hrs on this thing though and i havent ever been ruff on it so i dont think itd be blow by.i dont got a compression tester either

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 07:11:39 PM »
i only got like 40hrs on this thing though and i havent ever been ruff on it so i dont think itd be blow by.i dont got a compression tester either

Is it still under warranty? (Standard is 6 months)

Offline thatguy

• Email
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 07:16:06 PM »
nope :'(. i could take it into my lab at school becuase im going for power equipment but the quads in my dad(that i dont live with) name and he is trying to take it from me but has to go to small claims court to get it back.but i think if he walked into the skool with the title they'd have to give it to him :mad: :mad:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 10:23:38 PM »
I believe autozone has a compression tester you can rent for cheap.   What type of oil did you use on your last oil change?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 05:24:12 AM »
I believe autozone has a compression tester you can rent for cheap.   What type of oil did you use on your last oil change?

Just going to post that.  :ninja:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline double06

• Group buy coordinator
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 08:23:51 AM »
What kind of mods do you have?  Along with what they said, you need to also check the plug.  You could be sending way to much fuel either through your map being outta whack or your TPS being faulty.  I know you said you cleaned it up but did you check the voltage etc.?  If that all checks out then its on to more costly repairs... Head gasket, cracked head/jug.  Oh joy.  :(

Just my .02

I got a '06 with some KDS Racing bells and whistles  :grin_nod:

Offline thatguy

• Email
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 01:16:07 PM »
the only oil i have run is yamalube 10w40 or 30.i turned it all the way back to stock except for the pro desighn intake so theres no way its running rich it should be lean if anything.how do i check my tps voltage

Offline double06

• Group buy coordinator
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 01:30:56 PM »
I have never done it myself but its listed step by step in the service manual.  I would follow those steps and the service manual is posted on this site.  The link to the service manual is posted at the top of this section.
I got a '06 with some KDS Racing bells and whistles  :grin_nod:

Offline thatguy

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 07:47:01 PM »
i tried looking before on how to and couldnt find a thing what section in the manual is it in or what pg?

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 08:01:40 PM »
i tried looking before on how to and couldnt find a thing what section in the manual is it in or what pg?
6-33  :thumbs:

Offline thatguy

• Email
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 08:14:33 PM »
6-33  :thumbs:
thanks a ton dude ;)