Raptor 350 > 350 Maintenance

K&N Air Filters

<< < (2/9) > >>

BoisBlancBoy:
Yeah I just found a the Recharge kit they sell.

Hey guys check this out and see what you think:

K&N Air Filters, CT recommends K&N air filters always be used in conjunction with an Outerwear or K&N pre-charger. K&N air filters are best for sand only. Unfortunately K&N's will pass fine dust particles, so we don't recommend them for desert racing or all conditions. K&N air filters have very good airflow characteristics and will keep out the big stuff just fine.

I found this at this site:     http://www.ctracing.com/air.htm

Just happened to stumble across it.  After reading that, kinda makes you wonder whats passing through your filter in any dusty conditions!

Colorado700R:
Good find, I run outwears, and haven't noticed any particles, but that don't mean there not getting through.

Aaron

kyledvor61:

--- Quote from: BoisBlancBoy on May 20, 2008, 04:10:25 PM ---Yeah I just found a the Recharge kit they sell.

Hey guys check this out and see what you think:

K&N Air Filters, CT recommends K&N air filters always be used in conjunction with an Outerwear or K&N pre-charger. K&N air filters are best for sand only. Unfortunately K&N's will pass fine dust particles, so we don't recommend them for desert racing or all conditions. K&N air filters have very good airflow characteristics and will keep out the big stuff just fine.

I found this at this site:     http://www.ctracing.com/air.htm

Just happened to stumble across it.  After reading that, kinda makes you wonder whats passing through your filter in any dusty conditions!

--- End quote ---

I always run an outerwear on my filter. Just peace of mind and its not doing any harm at all.

BoisBlancBoy:
Yeah I have an outter wear on and after reading that I am for sure not going to take it off.  If I remember right, the package that the outer wear came in said to always have it on in dusty conditions.

kyledvor61:

--- Quote from: BoisBlancBoy on May 20, 2008, 04:36:34 PM ---Yeah I have an outter wear on and after reading that I am for sure not going to take it off.  If I remember right, the package that the outer wear came in said to always have it on in dusty conditions.

--- End quote ---

I dont see why you woud take it off anyway. Your not losing any performance with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version