Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Flat Track Racing  (Read 574 times)

Offline norby449

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Flat Track Racing
« on: November 28, 2008, 09:43:27 AM »
I just started racing my Raptor on the Flat Track, and have done real well with it. I have lot's of power and have been able to put it to the ground with lot's of supension mod's and constant adjustments. One thing I have not been able to really dial in is the front end seems to push in the corners. I already have houser +2 a-arms dual rate Elka's and run soft compound Hoosier  Tire's. The quad is lowerd to 6" in the rear and 6 and 1/4 in the front. I could go a little more but it would put the swing arm and a-arms past level, witch would cause it to lose the bite it has now. Any Idea's or input on this? Oh ya the front end is 1 and 1/2" wider than the rear but I am right at the limit of 50" in the front, also I am running the stock swing arm. Does anyone know if I go shorter by a inch or two would this help the front end push?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Flat Track Racing
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
I would help a bit. At least on my 660, it likes the front and back to be even width. Or rear slightly wider...that helpef my cornering issues. I bought the cheapo rear spacer studs for ice racing and my annual trip to the dunes...no problems whatsoever.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline norby449

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 10:37:48 AM »
As i said I only have room for a 1" increase in the rear as far as width goes. I'm not sure where I could get this other than a new axle. Any Idea's?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 10:12:50 PM »
As i said I only have room for a 1" increase in the rear as far as width goes. I'm not sure where I could get this other than a new axle. Any Idea's?

durablue extended hubs. Or stud style wheel spacers. I only paid $30 for mine, they add 1.5" on either side. I wouldn't go MX'ing on them, but they worked fine in the sand, and will be great for the ice.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"