Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Maxxis tires and Kenda snow tires need help  (Read 845 times)

Offline raptey

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Maxxis tires and Kenda snow tires need help
« on: April 11, 2010, 07:06:17 PM »
 I have Maxxis razor 2 tires I want to get new rims and another set of razor2 tires my last ones seemed to big in the back I have 22x11x9 in the rear? Should I go w/20x11x9 on t9 pro locks9x8 or should I go w/T baja sport wheels9x9 or will the 8x8.5 fit?
The other ? Anybody have the snow Kenda and what size should I get w/ what size rim?
__________ :batman:________
2001 Raptor 660R in Maxxis razor2 tires, ITP rims, FMF Q Pipe, Jet kit, kn air filter,pro armor A-arm guards,pro armor skid plate, gytr frame guards and hand protectors,proarmor full frame skid plate, side winder front rear sprokets and sidewinder chain, ac racing grab bar,IMS foot pegs, IMS nerf bars and heal guards, bomb squad bumper, renthal handle bars, scott grips.gytr head light guards.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Maxxis tires and Kenda snow tires need help
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:00:36 AM »
20" rears are more common. I know. Are you concerned at all w/ clearance or are were you finding you were under powered for the 22"s?

the pro locks are sweet, gotta love bead locks. But if you're not running low tire pressure, they are bit much. (look sexy though)

the baja's are sweet rims as well.. I don't think th3 8x8.5 will fit.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Maxxis tires and Kenda snow tires need help
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:55:15 AM »
22" razr's are great for clearance and mud but wobble like a mofo at high speed. The tread area turns oblong :lol:

Plus, it makes raptors look like blasters with balloon tires.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"