Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Carb Issue.  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Griffon

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Carb Issue.
« on: March 27, 2010, 05:42:50 PM »
Ok anyone ever had this problem? Wifes bike has been running like dog poop and leaking gas so after reading the walk though about how to pull carbs i give it a shot and find this. Bike shop says in order to get this new cap i have to buy a whole new Carb at 700$ anyone know of a place to get an aftermarket one?
*07 Raptor 700R SE
*Barker Duel's No Cores
*Power Commander III
*Prodesign Intake
*ProTaper SE ATV Hi Bars
*15T Front Sprocket
*SLC Quad Customs +3 Ladder Swingarm

jstev

Re: Carb Issue.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »
What shop told ya that????????????????????????????????
I would stay away from them.  I have lost and broken several parts on my carbs and have always beena ble to go to the dealer and buy what  I needed.  Not always super cheap but not 700 bucks.   You can probly get a whole set on ebay for around a hundred bucks anyway.  then you have lots of spares. :thumbs:

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 08:41:10 PM »
$90 off ebay for a whole set.
you should be able to get those covers cheap enough, but otherwise ebay is the go
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 09:40:49 PM »
I paid less than $700 for my FCR 39's... If you can't possibly get the part elsewhere, look for a used set of carbs $90-150.

And NEVER go back to those assholes who quoted you $700...
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 09:43:30 PM »
That's what OEM carbs cost new from the dealer, they're not being pricks, they are just quoting what they have to offer.

The dealer doesn't have a separate part number for that part, they don't offer it for sale.

I've now posted this on 2 forums, hopefully the OP can find the part used on ebay or classifieds.

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 09:48:51 PM »
Someone recently had carb parts for sale, I dont recall what exactly, but I want to say it was Casey (Bocephus) ... does that sound right MD ?
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Griffon

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 11:30:58 PM »
yeah i posted it on both forums. I have looked at a ton of parts places and there is no part number for the caps. It was Ride Now in vegas that quoted me the 700 for OEM carbs. I guess if i have to buy her new carbs i will go on ebay and look for parts or just check into aftermarket carbs. I havnt done to much research on 660 so not sure if its wise to get bigger carbs with no engine work or just stick with stock size.
*07 Raptor 700R SE
*Barker Duel's No Cores
*Power Commander III
*Prodesign Intake
*ProTaper SE ATV Hi Bars
*15T Front Sprocket

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 07:51:41 AM »
yeah i posted it on both forums. I have looked at a ton of parts places and there is no part number for the caps. It was Ride Now in vegas that quoted me the 700 for OEM carbs. I guess if i have to buy her new carbs i will go on ebay and look for parts or just check into aftermarket carbs. I havnt done to much research on 660 so not sure if its wise to get bigger carbs with no engine work or just stick with stock size.

just buy the carbs off a wrecked bike on ebay. New ones come up every day. use what you need, keep the rest on spare.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 10:26:18 AM »
Check it out Griffon, not sure if these are still available or not ? But at $35, you won't get a better deal probably...

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66279

Not sure how well the FCR's perform on a stock engine, but IMO, that money's better spent elsewhere for the time being. I was just saying that for the price they quoted you, you could get the FCR's :lol:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:29:57 AM by SegKast »
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Griffon

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 09:24:56 AM »
Well i was kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. We are suppose to hit Sand hollow easter weekend and now her bike was jacked up and cant get a replacment in time so i took the cap and taped the outside of the cap and bought some of that Plastic weld and filled the hole in let it sit pulled the tap off and added a little more to the outside let it harden and sanded it down. Wow does that stuff work good it bonded with the plastic damn nice. I tried everything i could think of short of smacking it with a hammer and it wouldnt come out. so going to see how that works.
*07 Raptor 700R SE
*Barker Duel's No Cores
*Power Commander III
*Prodesign Intake
*ProTaper SE ATV Hi Bars
*15T Front Sprocket

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 11:27:08 AM »
I like your thinking, but make sure it's airtight
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 05:30:20 PM »
Good luck man !
Oury grips & Yamalube