Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Speed Sensor  (Read 840 times)

Offline stocker

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Speed Sensor
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:59:19 PM »
The speed sensor that rides just to to the left of the clutch cover, i heard if you cut teeth off the wheel (leaving only 2) that the sensor monitors the computer will not retard the timing and increase your top end power? is this true :confused:? if so how does this affect your bottom end power? has anyone else heard of this? have you done it yourself? I was drag racing my buddy on his 04 660 and he pulled me from start to finish. He has an aftermarket ignition, slip on, jet kit and 2 inch smaller tires than stock. and he pulled me very very slowly. mine has pro flo intake full gytr exh and blah blah blah :mad:ing blah, stock jets i just ordered my 12 tooth sprocket. im not mad just want to know if i can free up some more power without emptying my back?!

Offline 02raptor660

• VIP
Re: Speed Sensor
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 07:19:00 AM »
not really worth the time to do it.  it ONLY helps at the top of 5th gear and you probleby wont pull that fast to notice it.  first thing you need to do as we talked about is get your jetting right before you hurt the motor.
mike

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:33:09 AM »
you will not be getting more power with that mod. 660 power curve dies off before the rev limiter kicks in. All it will do is buy you a couple of mph. Especially with a tiny front sprocket and wheels.. :thumbs: Not sure how you are keeping the front wheels down with that combo.  :help: I wouldn't bother with the speed sensor unless you are heavily built.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline stocker

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »
you will not be getting more power with that mod. 660 power curve dies off before the rev limiter kicks in. All it will do is buy you a couple of mph. Especially with a tiny front sprocket and wheels.. :thumbs: Not sure how you are keeping the front wheels down with that combo.  :help: I wouldn't bother with the speed sensor unless you are heavily built.
got it....

Offline jbooker82

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 09:09:13 PM »
I just ground ever other one off. That would be good for double the speed. I just did it while I was in there replacing the clutch and basket. I wouldnt tear it appart just to do that. I figured why not since I was there. I really havent noticed anything.