Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: New Here!  (Read 1725 times)

Offline stocker

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
New Here!
« on: December 13, 2009, 04:41:45 PM »
Hows it going yall? Names Matt! Recently (less than a month ago) purchased a 2001 660 Raptor. Rode it for about 30 mins with 1st,3rd,4th,and 5th gear only. Tore it Apart replaced 2nd gear wheel, 4th gear wheel and #1 shift fork. Rebuilt the carbs and just went for the first test ride today and HOLY :mad: Its a like a rocket with 4 wheels! The bike has a full GYTR exhaust system. GYTR Skid plates, gyrt front bumper. rear extended hubs. rk chain. Pro Design intake. motor and carb jetting are stock. Black and white. The guy that I bought it from neglected to mention that 2nd gear was basically shot. Put brand new ebc pads dunlop kt396 on the rear and and kt 391(i think) on the front. it has a lot of billet aftermarket parts on it. and the entire time i was on it today (trails). i was having a hell of time (in a good way)!  I dont think ill ever be without a raptor from here on out. the ignition is stock so im looking for the rectifier and ignition for it. it also had 22" gbc gator that i could not get to slide.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: New Here!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 05:07:03 PM »
welcome bro... still got love for the ole 660!

where you from?

-Eric
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline stocker

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 05:18:43 PM »
Im from nashville, tn. Stationed in cherry point, nc. and yes, yes i do love the ole 660!

Offline 02raptor660

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 08:00:52 AM »
i  will be selling a dynateck ignition box here real soon if interested.  and if you have a full exhaust and stock jets you really need to get it jetted right or you are going to have problems.
mike

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 08:21:22 AM »
yeah...you need bigger jets. Unless they were replaced when the gytr stuff was put on.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 09:44:58 AM »
Im from nashville, tn. Stationed in cherry point, nc. and yes, yes i do love the ole 660!

Fellow Jarhead?

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »
Awesome!! Sounds like your post you did the work yourself. Nicely done!!! the 2001 raptor had a slight tranny issue (well  known) But since it's fixed now you'll have a solid machine on your hands from here on out. Be careful modding.. It's a nasty bug that doesn't seem to stop either :)

(From experience :lol: )

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 12:29:33 PM »
Awesome!! Sounds like your post you did the work yourself. Nicely done!!! the 2001 raptor had a slight tranny issue (well  known) But since it's fixed now you'll have a solid machine on your hands from here on out. Be careful modding.. It's a nasty bug that doesn't seem to stop either :)

(From experience :lol: )

slight? wtf! how is transmission failure slight? LOL JK. As long is it was replaced with 2002 up gearing, it should be okay.

THe only other bug is the starter gear.

Offline stocker

• Email
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 03:08:50 PM »
yes also a fellow jar head! the jetting of the carb is all stock 140 and 145 i checked it when i pulled the head off to split the cases. i would be very interested in the ignition. with the pro design intake and filter and the gyrt exhasut. you think i should also go with the gytr jet kit. i think after that it will  be a purchase of a seperate motor and go big bore 727. but that will  be on down the road.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 03:11:05 PM »
I would say just regular mikuni jets just up a size to 150/155. or the jet kit. but they all do the same thing which is add more fuel.

Offline stocker

• Email
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 03:23:21 PM »
cool, im doing my buddys carb right now on his 95 cr500 :thumbs: bad as@! bike. picked it up for 1100 and all it needed was a spark plug. those jet kits are pretty well priced to.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 04:21:50 PM »
good luck we will be around to misinform you as needed :lol:

Offline stocker

• Email
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 05:09:45 PM »
thanks man!

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 05:55:36 PM »
Welcome to the show ! :cheers:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline stocker

• Email
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 06:30:05 PM »
thank ya thank ya! .......anybody close to cherry point here? and if so where are some good riding spots? been out to busco beach once but not with my raptor yet!