Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 6063 times)

Offline Caliraptor

• Street Cred: 1
  • My Personal UPS Chick
    • Email
Re: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 10:47:24 PM »
just went with a bro to pickup his Prestige Edition for PS3  :nod: its one sexy , he might end up selling it, the wife is bitchin about him payin 160 for it, they sell for around 250 on the bay  ??? sounds like a deal to me
Skipping class and tapping ass

Offline russ-russ

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I am Epic Win.
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 11:25:33 PM »
OK, just got done playing for the last 8 hours (yeah, I'm that big of a dork, just ask my wife). Mostly played multiplayer, but got a few levels deep on campaign as well. So far it rocks, graphics are a big step better and overall feel is better. The weapon realism is good and the "bling" perk allows you to hang two attachments from your weapon (silencer and holosight here I come). And attachments such as grenade launcher or foregrip don't take the place of perk #1, which is a bonus in my book. There are enough similarities to MW1 that you can just throw the disk in and play, and enough differences to make it worthwhile.

I'm up to a level 20 on MP.

So Randy, what do you think?

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 07:51:07 AM »
Krandall's *OFFICIAL* MW2 Review

Well. After waiting in a line of about 250 people. Outside in 40° weather waiting for 1/2 hour. Get inside. Waited to get the game for 45 minutes. I was by myself and got to hear tons of people getting it for xbox and ps3. Felt like the lone ranger there. But.. Whatever. Got home. Opened it up. Put in disc one to start the install..... a STEAM window pops up... wtf.... ???

Asks me to log in... So.. I assume I don't have a steam acct. go to create a new one with my normal e-mail.. user already registered to that acct.... sob. so.. Finally get that figured out after 10 minutes. It starts installing.. Install is 2 dvds requires a hair over 10 gigs of space :jaw:

So. After 1/2 hour. It's finally installed. Loaded it up. It gives you 3 options at the first screen. Special Forces(complete this w/ another person and gives you some special unlocks for MultiPlayer supposedly), Single Player, and MultiPlayer. I loaded up up the single player.

First off, Awesome intro!!! Gives you a slight recap from the first game. Before the game actually starts (when you pick single player) It gives a warning that one of the levels may disturb some people and it gives you a choice to skip it. I played the whole game through without skipping that level and.. I have it down between 2 that it could possibly be. But it's not "THAT" bad. Anywho, MW2 picks up right where they left off in the first MW! I played the game on Veteran. (not the hardest but one step down) and damn.. It was tough. Overall the game took me roughly 9-10 hours to beat. The game is full of new weapons and you get to do some cool/different actions like the use of ice picks in one of the levels. The storyline is amazing. You play between 2 different characters going for the same goal in a bunch of different locations. Russia, United States (All out war!), Peru, Rio De Janeiro, and a few other places (I won't spoil it all!)

Kind of disappointing not shooing from an AC130 this game. But still. They introduced civilians into this game which was pretty sweet. Some of the levels like rio de janeiro are FULL and Jam Packed full of things to look at.

Picture this... Just in a game. Full of people shooting at you.

Graphics, I didn't think they'd be able to improve on what was in MW1. They did!
Textures, I didn't think they'd be able to improve... THEY DID!
Story Line, AMAZING!!!!!!!!  It's totally set up for MW3 in the end.

I won't lie. In the middle the story was a bit boring, But with the last 2-3 hours of the game. My jaw was on the floor from the twists that happend in the game. It kept my heart pumping and on the edge of my seat until the very end!

I got to play quite a bit in Multiplayer as well. not ALL that much different from normal MW (minus dedicated servers)
Lots of fun, smooth play. You set up parties just like on xbox. My biggest gripe is not knowing what your ping is. It just gives you bars like cell phone service. Pisses me off big time, and you don't know who's hosting the game. Could be anyone.

I last night before bed tried some of the Special Forces stuff, they are like a bunch of little tests basically, doing certain tasks in a certain ammount of time ect.. Pretty fun, and you can do them w/ another player (someone in your friends list on steam) I did a few by myself. It's doable, but would be MUCH better w/ a 2nd person.

Overall. I recommend this game. Multi player is different from MW1 for sure. But. If you don't get it for that. the story line itself is worth it!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 09:52:40 AM »
I need my PC peeps.

I want to work on the special forces stuff and it goes a lot smoother w/ another person. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 09:56:30 AM »
I need my PC peeps.

I want to work on the special forces stuff and it goes a lot smoother w/ another person. :)

Once I get settled in the house I'll be DOWN!!! I love teamwork style games.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline funyun

• Jew
  • Funyun Yellow
  • Street Cred: -1337
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 10:00:56 AM »
XBOX 360 GET IT

Offline dabigbratj

• TJR Founding Father
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 10:56:38 AM »
randy i may pick it up for pc for that ill let you know
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 11:00:30 AM »
well, get crackin!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline dabigbratj

• TJR Founding Father
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 11:09:08 AM »
well, get crackin!
ok you twisted my arm ill try to pick it up tonight

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 11:10:52 AM »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline fireman5166

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 2
  • Yes its fast! No you can't ride it!
    • myspace
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 12:08:26 PM »
I got mine for xbox. called in sick to work so I could play.  :nod: game is sick.
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

Offline dabigbratj

• TJR Founding Father
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 10:29:14 PM »
beat it tonight after about 6 hours wish there was more now on to special ops and online plays

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 11:47:41 PM »
Im getting it, but not in a rush.

GT: CPT SADOW

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 07:42:41 AM »
For you PC'ers.

You need a STEAM Account. Make sure to add these people as friends:

krandall
hefe33

Last night Hefe and I played some special forces (2 player)

FREAKING AWESOME!!!! There was a few levels we had to redo like... 10 times...  But one level. One person is up in the AC130 gunning people down while the other is running trying to make it to a checkpoint. The last one we did. One person is on a chain gun on the side of a helicopter while the other is trying to get to a checkpoint.

Pretty sweet!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 11:25:34 AM »
Very fun indeed!

I also completed the single player and I wish there was more
the storyline was awesome, lots of twists and betrayal!