Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: The day you got your raptor  (Read 4554 times)

Offline ekraptor2003660

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: The day you got your raptor
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »
I bought my rappy from my older bro, was moving to Cali and couldnt take her with him. All i had on my mind when i saw that beast on the back of the silverado comin up the driveway was . . . WHEELIES. so the first day out i was out in the woods dumpin the clutch in first gettin used to the feeling, id swollow my stomach everytime i came onto her in first cuz , well you fellas know what happens when you come onto a rappy in first. well about the second or third day, i went out and was doing wheelies from a dead stop, did 20- 30 and tried to do one up a hill, dumped it with a little to much gas and right over she goes, and then she didnt stop at the grab bar, kept right on going upside down. pushed the bars straight down to the gas tank, spun the clutch and the brake resi around. that was a hard ride back to the house. but shit happens right, if you aint wreckin, you aint ridiin right guys?

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
  • Street Cred: 2
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 12:32:44 PM »
I went to the yami shop in Stillwater Ok and was looking, come back and said I want a '05 350SE.   They didnt take me serious, so I walked out the door 30 minutes later tired of waiting.    The next weekend I called Springfield and they said they had one left, I told them I was on my way and to hold it.   4 hour drive later I picked it up with a 3yr xtended warranty. (4900)  What a joke the 3yr was.    Got home loved the look but not happy with the power.  so Mods began.     Then about a year ago, decided to sell.   Sold it for 4300.   Got looking for quads and bought the wife a '04 Recon ES for 1000.  Then got looking on Ebay and found a local '05 660 with tits still on the tires and head pipe not burned off yet.  Wanted payoff for 4780.  Said ok.  plus I got 12qts of yamalube and tube of grease.   I now have enough time on the bike to finally change the oil.     Went from blue to black and all mods befor getting a oil change.    LOL

First ride...  Damn pulls like a tractor!      Now....  Damn pulls like a pissed off tractor.       :lol:

side note has had oil changed, he did befor he sold it due to setting so long he was afraid it may have drawn moisture.
Gonna be stupid you better be tuff.  

Got duals ?

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 01:06:53 PM »
I pull my junk like a pissed off tractor, does that count?

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline 700rSE

• Email
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 04:38:26 PM »
i think we could work something out :grin_nod:

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »
you gonna help him pull his junk??     Wow what a guy.

Got duals ?

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »

your just jealous he said it first :lol:

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »
Well if brian wants me to help, he needs help after see'n his woman.....

Poor guy she to hot, you have to pull your own?    ???

Got duals ?

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2008, 09:25:43 PM »

shes too busy yankin the shifter on the vette :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

I'm out and will be pulling by myself  :grin_nod: :lol:

Offline 700rSE

• Email
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 12:02:31 AM »

your just jealous he said it first :lol:

what can i say, a whore has to get a rep around here some how :thumbs:

Offline Caliraptor

• Street Cred: 1
  • My Personal UPS Chick
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »

shes too busy yankin the shifter on the vette :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

I'm out and will be pulling by myself  :grin_nod: :lol:
:rofl:
Skipping class and tapping ass

Offline fredyd

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 10:21:15 AM »
My story starts in the spring of “07“ about two months before I bought my first Raptor. It was supposed to be a run of the mill weekend trip to camp with my 19yo nephew that I hadn’t hooked up with for about a year. I should note that before this my last machine was a “1977” yz125 that I sold about 20 years ago before I went in the army. After my 4 years working for Uncle Sam my priorities pretty much focused on getting my business going, paying off my house, and raising a family. Along the way I had forgotten how much I had loved to ride and was completely out of the loop with any of the advancements that had been made in the last 20 years. 
 About 7 in the morning he calls and says he is on the way with a surprise. When I ask him what it is all I can get out of him is he is on the way and we are going to have some fun. While I’m sitting there waiting for him I’m remembering what I was like at 19 and thinking to myself what kind of trouble is this little shit going to get me into. Little did I know that I should have been think about how much this was going to cost me. When he finally gets there (two hours late) I look out the window and he is towing a trailer with two of the sickest looking machines I have ever seen. Clueless I ask him what they are and he says they’re his brand new 3 mod + “06” 700 raptor and a borrowed “05” 660 with a slip on. It had been so long since I road he might as well have been speaking Greek. All I could think about as I looked these beasts over is how long it takes bones to heal at my age. When we get to camp we pull them off the trailer he fires up the 660 to let it warm up and I’m thinking this thing sounds so bad ass. Then he touches off his 700. I hear those DMC duals and I instantaneously get a hard on the likes of which I haven’t had since the first time I saw Bo Derek in a bikini. Ten minutes later we head out. A mile or two down the road on the 660 I start getting the feel for it and any fears of broken appendages are completely gone and replaced with exhilaration and amazement. All that’s running threw my head now is what have I been missing all these years and it can‘t get any better then this. My mistake. After we had hit several local spots my nephew (with a smile on his face) asked me if I want to take his 700 for a  run around the sand pit. Two seconds after I let that clutch out I knew I had been pushed over the edge and there was no turning back (and don‘t you think that little prick didn‘t know it). Two months, no small amount of groveling to mama bear, and several thousand dollars later I’m on my way home with a slightly used “06” in the back of my truck. From that point on it’s been nothing but pure adrenalin induced fun.

P.S.
If you happen to come across this story Mike all I can say is, thanks. You gave me back something I didn’t even know I had lost.   

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »
great story fredyd. dig the "bo derek" in a bikini analogy. one crack of the throttle.....sold. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline grap660

• Email
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2008, 05:50:12 PM »
the day i got my rappie was back in november of 2007  alright so heres the story i stop riding in 2005 sold my warrior when i was 13 years old after 2 years i been missing going to the desert and riding with my friends and family so i decided shoping for another quad i had 5k to spend of my own money so i was shopping around for another warrior like my old one then i saw the raptor 350 and shop around for those after riding a couple of them i wanted to buy one well my dad told me not to get one cause there mostly for beginers and they are slow and told me to get a 450 so satisfy my speed well in ocotober we went on our  fishing trip to san felipe well my uncle took his 700 and one of my friends let me borrow his yfz 450 to try it out well when we went to san felipe i saw my old warrior that i sold to one of my dads friend that went with us camping well when i rode the yfz it was fast and light and wanted one then my uncle told me if i wanted to try out his 700 and i did and wow i know what i wanted to buy well when we got back i was shopping for a 700 but i saw the 660 and went shopping for one casue i said that was the perfect size for me to get use to riding again well i origally i found an 2003 660 the black ad red one well we went to go see it and when the guy went to turn it one and rev it i wanted to get it the 660 came with a big gun exhaust thats what turn me on to get it well me had the cash and we bought it but once we give him the  cash he told us that he lost then the next day him and my dad went to the dmv to get a new pink slip they couldnt cause the guy needed a paper sign by his mom will it took two weeks and he still didnt get the pink slip well we saw my blue 04 raptor for sale and my dad was forced to buy it cause when he was test driveing it he crashed it to his truck by accident cause my bike had a twist throttle and my dad wasnt use to it well my dad bought the bike then he called me and told me he bought so he picked me up at my moms house and took me to plams avenue to try out my 660 well when i first got on it i shited my pants cause of the twist throttle well after i rode it the raditor was leaking  so we went to the dealer ship and my dad bought me new razer 2 and a thumb thottle and thats how i got my660 but the funny thing is that now im shopping for a 700 and i have the money but im still debateing bettween a 08 se2 or the 09 se ???
2004 raptor 660 blue, alba racing pipe,pro flow kit,pro design foam filter,jetted,gytr skid plate,razr 2 on rear,monster stickers,

dads 2005 yfz 450 alba edtion,alba racing pipe,alba racing graphics,trinty intake,itp holeshots on rear,tag handle barz,jetted,cam mod

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2008, 05:52:32 PM »
the day i got my rappie was back in november of 2007  alright so heres the story i stop riding in 2005 sold my warrior when i was 13 years old after 2 years i been missing going to the desert and riding with my friends and family so i decided shoping for another quad i had 5k to spend of my own money so i was shopping around for another warrior like my old one then i saw the raptor 350 and shop around for those after riding a couple of them i wanted to buy one well my dad told me not to get one cause there mostly for beginers and they are slow and told me to get a 450 so satisfy my speed well in ocotober we went on our  fishing trip to san felipe well my uncle took his 700 and one of my friends let me borrow his yfz 450 to try it out well when we went to san felipe i saw my old warrior that i sold to one of my dads friend that went with us camping well when i rode the yfz it was fast and light and wanted one then my uncle told me if i wanted to try out his 700 and i did and wow i know what i wanted to buy well when we got back i was shopping for a 700 but i saw the 660 and went shopping for one casue i said that was the perfect size for me to get use to riding again well i origally i found an 2003 660 the black ad red one well we went to go see it and when the guy went to turn it one and rev it i wanted to get it the 660 came with a big gun exhaust thats what turn me on to get it well me had the cash and we bought it but once we give him the  cash he told us that he lost then the next day him and my dad went to the dmv to get a new pink slip they couldnt cause the guy needed a paper sign by his mom will it took two weeks and he still didnt get the pink slip well we saw my blue 04 raptor for sale and my dad was forced to buy it cause when he was test driveing it he crashed it to his truck by accident cause my bike had a twist throttle and my dad wasnt use to it well my dad bought the bike then he called me and told me he bought so he picked me up at my moms house and took me to plams avenue to try out my 660 well when i first got on it i shited my pants cause of the twist throttle well after i rode it the raditor was leaking  so we went to the dealer ship and my dad bought me new razer 2 and a thumb thottle and thats how i got my660 but the funny thing is that now im shopping for a 700 and i have the money but im still debateing bettween a 08 se2 or the 09 se ???

thats like a book. I'd go 09 :grin_nod:

Offline grap660

• Email
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »

thats like a book. I'd go 09 :grin_nod:

i been thinking of going with the 09 im i been calling my dealers to see if they have any leftover 07 700 se2 the white and blue one
2004 raptor 660 blue, alba racing pipe,pro flow kit,pro design foam filter,jetted,gytr skid plate,razr 2 on rear,monster stickers,

dads 2005 yfz 450 alba edtion,alba racing pipe,alba racing graphics,trinty intake,itp holeshots on rear,tag handle barz,jetted,cam mod