Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: The day you got your raptor  (Read 4552 times)

Offline 700rSE

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
The day you got your raptor
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »
i figured it would be interesting for people to share their stories of what you were thinking on the way to get your raptor and on the way back with it, aswell as tell us about your first ride and your first thoughts of the new the speed/torque machine!

lets here em :)

Offline who else but rk

• Street Cred: 17
    • Email
Re: The day you got your raptor
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 05:46:20 PM »
went to the yami dealership planing on getting a yz250f after searching in many dealerships. they yami dealership didnt have the yzf in stock, but i feel in love with 2 quads there. the quads were a decked out ltr 450 with nerfs, grab bar and bumpers nad some other things and the bone stock rappy. i NEVER liked the raptor and thought the 660s were shit. but i fell in love. after thinking about the trails i decided the rappy ftw. me and the seller walked it out side after waiting an hour or two for paper sigining and i asked the guy if i could ride it to the trailer instead of pushing it and he just said " yea little man, just no wheelies ight"  :lol: i laughed at the tool because this guy was a tool and i revved it up and just knew this thing was a beast. we went right to the track and i remember taking it easy and whiskey throttling it on a jump landing and i nearly shit my pants  :lol:

t

2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Offline 700rSE

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 07:07:31 PM »
lmao nice

Offline Caliraptor

• Street Cred: 1
  • My Personal UPS Chick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 11:34:04 PM »
i think i was like 15 ??? and then i got my ac propegs on this huge box, i got my rappy like at 6pm, loaded it into the truck, got home, and the first thing i did was install them fancy ac propegs :grin_nod: the next thing i did was remove that shitty spark arrestor and the rest is history :clap:
Skipping class and tapping ass

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 06:40:05 AM »
Went to the dealer and saw the blue and white SE2 for the first time, wrote a check and when home to rub one out.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 07:17:29 AM »
Went to the dealer and saw the blue and white SE2 for the first time, wrote a check and when home to rub one out.

:rofl: me too, except for the check part. I was at the shop to buy a new clutch lever for mine.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline 700rSE

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »
what were your guys's first thoughts the first time you took it out?

keep em comin

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 03:39:05 PM »
The day I got mine, I traded my 89 mustang 5.0 and 500 bucks. Drove 2.5 hours for the trade. The guy was kinda pissed, I left out a few minor details, but then again so did he :mad: :mad: He bought a supercharger for it and last i herd the motor and tranny are SHOT!!!

Kinda funny I found this bike off of RF.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »
Ha, I found the thread that I bought my rappy from.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline downfour

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 05:47:30 PM »
drove 2 hours to get mine and it was the longest 2 hours of my life..   got inside the dealer ask me can i help you..   i said i'll take this please..   he said you want to know anything about it..  i said yes..   when can i put it on the trailer..     :lol:  :lol:    did the paper work handed him the mastercard and i was on my way a short time after..     took it to my dads house about an hour away and unloaded it and took her for a spin..   had one of those shit eating grins for about a week after i got it..   :lol: :lol:     the first day i had it i raced my girlfreinds brother with his preddy and spanked it..     

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 06:05:36 PM »
haha awesome line: "he said you want to know anything about it..  i said yes..   when can i put it on the trailer.. " :clap:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline fire raptor

• Street Cred: 9
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 06:21:53 PM »
Christmas of 05. My wife paid and my son picked it out and put OMF beadlocks and Pro Armour skids on it. They took me out in the street and rolled it out of our neighbors garage. We went to Baja a few days later and I got schooled on a fast Quad. I had ridden warriors and our polaris 500 and dirt bikes but this was a whole new level. I am now about 11,000$ lighter and living large.Next best thing next to a honeymoon you can experience . FR

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 06:27:23 PM »
i was at school when it happened, i knew my mom and her bf had been looking at quads for me, they sent me a pic of a 250ex while they were on vacation and asked if i liked it, i was like ill take what i can get, well next week at school, i get a message on the bus with a pic of my brand new o8 350. took it for a spin the next day, lets just say i was impressed, my other quad is a bayou 250 lol

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 06:49:03 PM »
I had already bought the prairie 360, then my buddy bought an 06 banshee, one ride on that, I knew I needed a sport quad. 2 months later, my boss says "I have a raptor 660 that i might be selling" I didn't even know what that was.  I had only heared of the old big names, hadn't paid attention. Like banshee, blaster and 250r or quadzillas. I blew him off then started looking online, and stumbled acroos raptorforum. 1 month later my wife says "you oughtta go at least look at it. For 1500 bucks, big deal." He had wrecked it pretty hard and bent and cracked fenders, and bent clutch lever. He got spooked and was afraid to ride it. I test rode it, giving it gas, the front wheels came up and I was sold. then went home and wrote a check bought it the following monday,. i still can't believe I did it. Never been happier..I've been less broke, though :lol: :lol:

Offline Yamahauler

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 07:32:19 PM »
Shit... Kinda had some of the same thoughts. Was going to work and had a little extra time since I was working nights at the time. Cruised into the dealership.. next thing ya know I owned a Rappy. It all happened so fast lol. But I loaded it up worked that night. Woke up the next morning early and rode the piss out of it. Ended up getting cocky and wrecking it. That's the fun part though right?
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700
Blingstar Victoty Bumper
PRM-Products Grab Bar
ASV C5 Levers
Dr. D Reverse Lever
Tusk Power Pull Tether Kill Switch
GYTR Intake
FMF Powercore IV Exhaust
AC Nerfs
Shockwear Shock Covers
Iridium Plug
Razr-2s