Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Anyone own a mini cooper S ???  (Read 887 times)

Offline 1raptor

• Street Cred: 0
Anyone own a mini cooper S ???
« on: July 27, 2008, 04:20:26 PM »
Here is the story I really wanted and I was waiting for a 2010 Camaro convertible but I have also always liked the looks of the mini but had never driven one well last friday I drove a new S-model the old ones had superchargers but this year they are Turbo and all I can say is WOW :jaw: this thing sucked you in the seat cornered like it was on rails and will still get over 30MPG but I will still have to wait becouse the Turbo convertible wont be available until Dec 08 any comments on the new S?? thanks
will the new 2010 camaro ever get here??

Offline RR34

• Street Cred: 1
  • this is doo doo baby!
    • Email
Re: Anyone own a mini cooper S ???
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 10:06:21 AM »
i have a cousin with a turbo mini. she loves it and it think its a pretty good car for the money. not my personal fav as far as looks but it rides good.
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 10:11:26 AM »
most of the engineering done by BMW, very good little cars. That turbo engine is the BMW engine, I think. Fast and efficient. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:35:18 AM »
they are great cars......too bad if you're a guy driving one everybody assumes...... :fruity:
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:50:25 AM »
they are great cars......too bad if you're a guy driving one everybody assumes...... :fruity:

I neglected to mention that one :rofl:  Same with the square wannabe van Scion. And the VW Beetle or Cabriolet.  :grin_nod:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline RR34

• this is doo doo baby!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 11:21:06 AM »

I neglected to mention that one :rofl:  Same with the square wannabe van Scion. And the VW Beetle or Cabriolet.  :grin_nod:

yea i was going to say the same thing but didnt want to piss anybody off. now that the cats out thats probably the most q.u.e.e.r. car a man could drive besides a beetle or a miata...
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 11:24:36 AM »

yea i was going to say the same thing but didnt want to piss anybody off. now that the cats out thats probably the most q.u.e.e.r. car a man could drive besides a beetle or a miata...

miata is not as bad as a neon.  Yoohoo Jester!  Where are you? :rofl:

Offline 1raptor

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 11:36:44 AM »
Yeah I figured the queer thing would come up and I thought the same thing until I drove one now Im thinking think what ya want this thing hauled  ass...

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »
I've only seen them driven, there's one that's parked in our parking ramp, its the turbo model. it has 19" gunmetal spoked rims. big british flag on top, I'm not a fan, but it looks pretty sexy still. 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline disco

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 9
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 03:16:36 PM »
I just bought one.  People will ask, do you fit?  And your friends will question your sexual orientation.   I used to give one of the mechanics at work ten kinds of hell because he drives a new Beetle.  Well, I just shot myself in the foot with this car.  I can't mess with him anymore.  There are a few MINI forums but one of them sure seems to have a lot of hand holding going on.  I haven't found the raptorsource equivalent yet.

Certainly not the most manly car to drive but I'll take this over some of the economy cars.  It's quick, a blast to drive, handles good and gets good mpg.  I'm still on the first tank of gas so I can't tell you what mileage I'm actually getting.  Has a tow rating of 1400# so I'm going to order a hidden hitch for it and get me a new trailer and I'm going to have a smaller Yamahauler.

White was really my third choice but I see the least of this color so I got it.  I'm thinking coilovers and new wheels/tires in the future, the handling is "wheee!" now but I want it to be "ERMAHGERD!!!"

I detest center mounted speedos in cars but the tach does have a programable display showing your speed so I can live with it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Offline shaboy700

• Email
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 03:28:18 PM »
you ever see Italian Job?  those minis looked bad ass, whoever thinks they are for fags after seeing that movie clearly doesn't have an interest in cars

Offline 1raptor

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 01:56:03 PM »
you ever see Italian Job?  those minis looked bad ass, whoever thinks they are for FA O0  Gs after seeing that movie clearly doesn't have an interest in cars

Man I loved that movie and yea I think thats what re-ignited my urge to want one. now that I have driven one and found out that they went to the TURBO engine I think its only a matter of time before one is in the garage. :clap:

Offline 1raptor

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 07:23:25 PM »
Maybe a little custom paint