Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Have a failed Dynatek ignition? Check this out..  (Read 3038 times)

Offline 07lightning

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: Have a failed Dynatek ignition? Check this out..
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »
i waited through monday for my call on the status of my ignition. on friday i was told first thing monday id hear from them, ect. so today (tuesday) i called at 12:30. he said there were no updates posted to my RA number, so he would figure it out and call me back. he called back and they have not touched it still. they are doing some product testing so once that is done, they will have a look at my stuff.. he says. which is MAYBE tomorrow afternoon. this is all information from the customer service guy, who doesnt know anything outside his department really?

i told him i was pissed and would not be buying anything else or even using this product again. he gave me the managers phone extension, so if anyone wants it.. lemme know. id encourage any and all who have delt with this to call. im going to say i just want a refund of my purchase price, because im not supporting them anymore.

im not putting something on my bike that has been consistantly blowing up lately. if i want explosions ill buy some fire crackers and shove them under my seat for $260 less.

Offline 07lightning

• Email
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »
2 more days, no answer.  :clap:

Offline hellrazr

• Email
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 08:18:06 PM »
Good luck.  I was just about to buy one.  It is crazy how everyones ignitions blew up around the same time.  Is everyone having problems with only the programable ignitions?  I haven't seen anything come up about non-programables blowing up yet.  Hope this leads people to learn the dynojet ignition so we can still take full advantage of running larger cams.

Offline mustangracer42

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 10:13:33 PM »
Just a question...Are the bikes that are having this problem also equipped with a kill switch?  If so, maybe it's not wired correctly?  or maybe it's just a bad batch like some seem to think.  I've had mine on for 6 months now and no issues yet (knock on wood).

Offline Duane

• Email
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 11:19:48 PM »
had mine on for about 100 hours, zero issues. No kill switch installed.
07 Rappy 700r SE1
1. Barker duals
2. FuelATV air filter
3. PCIIIusb
4. Prog Dyantek ing
5. stgII Hotcm
6. Kenny TB bore
7. JE 11-1 piston
ebay 8k HIDs, skat 21/12-8 7 paddles, I-shock I4500, G-force axle, CCP sterring stabilizer
other toy 66 2 door post Nova, LS1/4l60e, in progress

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 12:41:07 PM »
Just a question...Are the bikes that are having this problem also equipped with a kill switch?  If so, maybe it's not wired correctly?  or maybe it's just a bad batch like some seem to think.  I've had mine on for 6 months now and no issues yet (knock on wood).

think it's mix and matched. I've had my dyna hooked up through my kill switch since last year. been solid ever since.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline al2fast

• Email
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 01:42:55 AM »
I installed a programmable one with DL's curves in April.  Had my raptor dynoed and it was fine.  2 start attempts later ignition fuse was blown.  DL took care of me and sent another one out.  Got about 12 hrs on it last weekend at Silver Lake, no issues.

Offline NoWhereToRide

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 03:11:22 AM »
My buddy and I purchased the same bike (09 Raptor 700 SE) and most of the same aftermarket accessories with exception of pipes and dynatek.  He got Yoshi and a programable and I got Looney Tuned and a non-programable.  He's as been through four programable Dynatek ignitions.  Neither of us have a kill switch.  He is waiting for the non-programable to be delivered but the company is the worst.  He ended up having to dispute the charges on his Amex due to their lack of crediting his account.   To top it off, he finally took it to the Yamaha dealer to see if they could offer some advice, no help but they did cause some major issues.  We assume while trying to determine the problem they ran the bike without the air filter on and in the process sucked up a metal clip from the battery that must have been sitting in the air box.  Now he is having a nightmare of engine work due to a metal clip floating around his engine. 

2009 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE

Offline Raginraptor

• Live to ride and Ride to live
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »
Hey guys I am going to buy a dynatek ignition but with all of these horror stories I am leaning toward the non-programmable now. Is there any diffrence on the timing curves between the programmable and non out of the box?
My New Build:
Barker duals, PcV, Dynatek prog. W/Dl700 custom curve,+2 Valve Megalodon head by Bo (velociraptor), Hdd5050 cam, KW Valve Springs,105mm 12.1 Cp piston,  Wk 54mm Tb Kit

Offline bamaquad

• Email
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 04:45:35 PM »
Hey guys I am going to buy a dynatek ignition but with all of these horror stories I am leaning toward the non-programmable now. Is there any diffrence on the timing curves between the programmable and non out of the box?

I just got my 3rd one in, sell it to ya for $150.00 shipped. Brand new in the box.

Offline PDX Raptor

• Email
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 01:44:35 PM »
Buy the Dyno-Jet version!! No problems and you can adjust it through the PCIII  :thumbs:
Charlie

Offline Raginraptor

• Email
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 05:39:47 PM »
I have a pcV and I was told the that that theyre working on an ignition to work with the pcV and that the one they have now isnt compatible... I see alot of guys with the dynatek... I dont know what to do  8)
My New Build:
Barker duals, PcV, Dynatek prog. W/Dl700 custom curve,+2 Valve Megalodon head by Bo (velociraptor), Hdd5050 cam, KW Valve Springs,105mm 12.1 Cp piston,  Wk 54mm Tb Kit

Offline 07lightning

• Email
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 05:55:24 PM »
i got mine back, they found an issue internally with the programmable.

ive got 3 rides on it now, without any issues thus far. every ignition going back to the customer from repair should be updated now. i was the first one apparently. they did make it right for me in the end.

Offline Raginraptor

• Email
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 07:27:17 PM »
That good news to know.. I think im goin to try the dynatek then.. Thanks for the feedback  :thumbs:
My New Build:

Offline fastraptor

• Email
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 02:37:51 PM »
oviously they will have to make these better as they cant keep replacing them all the time I like the company but this is insain
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle