Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: ATK 450  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: ATK 450
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 03:06:28 PM »
When the Outlaw goes it will be for a KTM or a Rappy. Can't say which one yet because I have not rode a KTM yet.

For the price they want for the KTMs, they better provide a good looking hooker as a "benefit"

:lol:

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 03:06:52 PM »
When the Outlaw goes it will be for a KTM or a Rappy. Can't say which one yet because I have not rode a KTM yet.

For the price they want for the KTMs, they better provide a good looking hooker as a "benefit"

:lol:

yea no shit :clap: :lol:

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 03:10:53 PM »
True, but I like the power delivery of the 525 and you do get a lot of stuff for the price.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 03:20:12 PM »
True, but I like the power delivery of the 525 and you do get a lot of stuff for the price.

I'm beeting you could use the money saved by going with a rappy to mod it to out preform the KTM.

I don't remember ther specs, but I think the only diffrence would end up being weight, and it's not that major

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 03:26:47 PM »
I know the Rappy would be cheaper in the long run. It would be nice to have a lower Comp motor. It would also be less maintenance. I talked Bert into buying his in 2006 so I should take my own advice :lol: I really like the way the new ones look and they have came along way in the suspension department.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 04:37:36 PM »

I'm beeting you could use the money saved by going with a rappy to mod it to out preform the KTM.

I don't remember ther specs, but I think the only diffrence would end up being weight, and it's not that major

this is how I talked my buddy out of it. 7k$ for raptor + $1500 in mods will kill the ktm. Maybe not on a track, but everywhere else.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 11:19:24 PM »
The 06 Raptor front shocks aren't the greatest that's for sure.
Otherwise the Raptor has been low maintenance  :thumbs:
 Great Machine

Offline Caliraptor

• Street Cred: 1
  • My Personal UPS Chick
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2008, 03:20:27 AM »
a buddy of mine has been trying to sell him cannondale, its kinda modded, if any1 is interested
cannondale cannibal 2002 440 with suspension +1.75 white bros. pipe nerfbars, duncan bumper trade for trx 450r or $3000 OBO

:clap:
Skipping class and tapping ass

Offline BRAD

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Constant Victim of Grammar Ninja
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 11:20:30 AM »
dang them things dont look no different from the old ones. ugly as hell. but i would like to have one
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Offline who else but rk

• Email
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »

this is how I talked my buddy out of it. 7k$ for raptor + $1500 in mods will kill the ktm. Maybe not on a track, but everywhere else.
hmmmmmm
you gota look at the ktm before you judge it. the 700 was great, but it will need alot more then 1.5k in mods to " kill" the 525xc..

also  i think that these quads are completly different, and its like compairing pumpkins to blueberries
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 01:19:32 PM »

hmmmmmm
you gota look at the ktm before you judge it. the 700 was great, but it will need alot more then 1.5k in mods to " kill" the 525xc..

also  i think that these quads are completly different, and its like compairing pumpkins to blueberries

power wise I disagree, suspension wise I agree.

Aaron

Offline who else but rk

• Email
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »
power wise the 700 is the best plant.
but the ktm will beat it every where besides that
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »
I don't think the xc was involved in this thread comparison was it?

Offline who else but rk

• Email
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 02:54:19 PM »

I know the Rappy would be cheaper in the long run. It would be nice to have a lower Comp motor. It would also be less maintenance. I talked Bert into buying his in 2006 so I should take my own advice :lol: I really like the way the new ones look and they have came along way in the suspension department.

its supposed to be dissappointing for the money but still badass
just a few posts up from yours.......
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 05:01:49 PM »

tis' exactly what I posted...read again: 7k$ for raptor + $1500 in mods will kill the ktm. Maybe not on a track, but everywhere else.

I don't ride a track. ;)

Those KTM's are ripping up the gncc series though. I won't say they are bad bikes, but they are too expensive to buy to just ride once or twice a month. Most of us don't get to ride that much, so the rest of the time is spent modding one part at time.(half of the fun) :thumbs: Raptor is a much better machine for me. I need quad to be low maintenance, durable, and easy to repair. Raptor is an easy win. Oh, and comfortable to ride all day.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"