Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Chain oiling and adjustments  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Spider/Paleface513

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
  • Hard2Love Easy2Hate!!! GHG go hard or go home!!!
Chain oiling and adjustments
« on: September 07, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »
How often should I oil my chain and adjust it ? Every other ride or should it be done every ride or do you wait longer on adjustments and oil often every/every other ride ?
-07 700-based 734 trail build!!
105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: Chain oiling and adjustments
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 05:13:56 PM »
I see your running mudlites, therefore you probably see alot of mud and water, I would apply chain lube everytime you ride.

Check your chain adjustment every couple of rides, mine rarely needs much adjustment.

Offline Spider/Paleface513

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
  • Hard2Love Easy2Hate!!! GHG go hard or go home!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 05:42:43 PM »
I wanted a trail tire that was tough so I went the mudlite's. I ride in varrying conditions on trails,so I do see a lot of mud and water even though I try to avoid best I can but you can't go around every bad spot,lol it'd be no fun. I ride a bunch of rocky rough trails that destroyed my stock tires quickly and then I kept having to plug the xcr's so I gave these a try great bite everywhere. Lil to much at times my cornering styles have changed some they slide then grip hard it takes sone getting used too. Thanks on the reply I'll have to start doiing it every ride I was doing it like once a month or after really muddy rides only but I can tell that wasn't enough so thought I'd ask.
-07 700-based 734 trail build!!
105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »
Lube it every ride, check the slack everytime to, but you may not need to adjust it.