Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Game time  (Read 6653 times)

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
  • Street Cred: 6
  • even dodge dealerships wont take a ford on trade
    • Email
Re: Game time
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »
ya well mine shifts straight from 1st to reverse without using the reverse knob, i have no clue how i assembled that wrong  ??? and i sure as hell dont want to watch my case go kaboom when i down shift from 1st to reverse by accident
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2009, 08:52:39 PM »
Dude I know whats wrong!!!! Yay, its your reverse lever. When my reverse lever bracket came loose after a bad wreck the bike would shift down to reverse even when I didnt want it to. It means the reverse lever is free playing or installed wrong down under the sprocket. Might be the cable it too loose or to tight. Also might be that the little lever that is actuated inside the motor was installed improperly. But if you got 1st-5th il trade ya so I can hop on a dyno. lol

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2009, 08:55:32 PM »
Dude I know whats wrong!!!! Yay, its your reverse lever. When my reverse lever bracket came loose after a bad wreck the bike would shift down to reverse even when I didnt want it to. It means the reverse lever is free playing or installed wrong down under the sprocket. Might be the cable it too loose or to tight. Also might be that the little lever that is actuated inside the motor was installed improperly. But if you got 1st-5th il trade ya so I can hop on a dyno. lol

reverse cable isnt even hooked up, im gonna have to pull the cover off and take a look, hope i dont have to split it again
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2009, 09:03:30 PM »
Thats the reason! When I disconnected the cable because I broke the plastic end off, the bike shifts into reverse when I go for first. Hook it up and set the cable properly. Garunteed it will work, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED AT THE MX TRACK 4 MONTHS AGO!

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »
awesome  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: i will try it, i was thinking the total wrong way about it, thanks alkrie

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2009, 12:30:14 AM »
No prob, but just to be clear. If it bounces around, even if you hold it with your hand, if it isnt adjusted correctly then it will drop into reverse everytime. I thought a ruined my transmission but the little spring just slipped off in the wreck so it was free floating