Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Game time  (Read 6651 times)

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
Game time
« on: July 03, 2009, 12:32:46 AM »
What has 686cc's, turns on, and no longer shifts gears even though the clutch works just fine?

If anyone can give me some advice on rebuilding my transmission id appreciate it. My manual still hasnt arrived and its been 2 months. Ill be in my garage if anyone needs me.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Game time
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 01:00:24 AM »
cripes. won't shift at all?  :(
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 01:03:07 AM »
How do you know the clutch is fine?

Here, go download it for free. http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=524.0

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 03:58:09 AM »
Karma for that one Gunz.  :thumbs: I came around a turn yesterday and accidently shifted up to 4th, heard a thud like it missed a tooth or something just was off. Kept it at the back of my mind and put the clutch in for the next turn. When I let the clutch out and gunned it there was a louder thud and the wheels locked.

I can start the bike with the clutch in, as I release no matter what gear it seems like im in, none of them allow me to move. Even neutral wont let me turn my wheels. As I let the clutch out the engine bogs as it starts to grab and the bike pulls slightly like it wants to haul, but then it just dies because the drive wont spin. And now with the engine out, and the clutch off I can say the clutch looks excellent. All my cogs and the head, piston, all look good. But I have yet to split the case, its been 5 hours and im beat. Gonna sleep for a few and split it just before lunchtime. See what I can find.

And I just bought the 727 stroker kit and +4 swinger...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 04:28:28 AM »
Thought id toss some pics up before I sleep  :clap:

And yes, I know its dirty, I came from the track and tore it apart right away

My quad was burning coolant, I found the head gasket burned and coolant all over the head. Fingers crossed, one problem solved  :thumbs:

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 07:45:13 AM »
Dang bro, you weren't messing around when said you were gonna find the problem. Your oil looks way burnt, around that cam, how often due you change it? Hmmm wonder if you broke a shift fork or a gear, either way we're gonna need pics.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 01:09:00 PM »
Smoke was a white-black, so coolant and oil were burning. Blown gasket ill have to wait for my head from KDS, its coming with some new prototype gasket kit, shhhhhhhhh its  secret  :lol: I need some larger metric sockets to finish up getting the crankcase stripped and my neighbor is going to help after I do some other chores. You will have your pics, I promise you that!

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 07:54:02 PM »
Prototype gasket set huh ??? Tell us how you like the Oklahoma style gaskets when you seat em. Shhhhhh :nod:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 02:06:53 PM »
I found the problem gang!  :clap: :clap:

And here the lil  :mad: er is ~

Buff out the case, replace the bearings in the case, and buy a new gear set cause I dont have a press for the gear. Everything else survived. She will live to fly another day

Some more photos of the tear down ~

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 03:09:32 PM »
part#5152324-001    about $50 for that gear that is broken. I think you can get the whole assembly for around $100, I think. ???

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 04:07:03 PM »
I went onto Ebay and snagged the whole tranny off a 2007 raptor for 250, all the forks and everything, in case something else goes bad over time ill have spares. But I checked OEM too and got the same, thanks Gunz! I will grab the bearing off an OEM website here in a sec and she might be up next week sometime.  :thumbs:

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
  • Street Cred: 6
  • even dodge dealerships wont take a ford on trade
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 05:03:43 PM »
time to install that +5  :thumbs:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline 1badazz_700r

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 06:12:52 AM »
thats what im saying, +5 stroker crank while you are in there that far and a nice new piston :thumbs: You will be so happy with the gains from these 2 pieces that you will kick yourself in the ass for not doing it sooner :rofl:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 12:18:39 PM »
thats what im saying, +5 stroker crank while you are in there that far and a nice new piston :thumbs: You will be so happy with the gains from these 2 pieces that you will kick yourself in the ass for not doing it sooner :rofl:

If I were you I'd have all the gears and forks Magnafluxed for cracks. You never know what kinda debris went throught the  gears. Their may be some hair line cracks that will give you a major headace later down the road.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 02:51:36 PM »
Well im slapping in a whole new trans, trying not to reuse any of the old pieces. And then have the old inspected and hardened by a guy I know at Stasis. The +5 stroker crank is sitting no more than 3 feet from this tear down , lol. Ive had it for a month. Kenny has a +2 valve head with kibble springs RJ cam P&P but its missing the intake valves. Then a 11:1 CP piston, and +3 TB ready to rock for me just waiting on those dam valves for over a month. But you bet that stroker crank is going in, I was about to do it and my roomates decided to work on their bikes right as I was pulling bearings. So when they get the hell out of my garage, its game on!  :clap: :clap: Im a little worried about the buildup but I got the manual now and Kami is hooking me up with a baseline program to test her out when all is said and done. But I still cant figure what made that gear just "shatter". ??? Pretty crazy