Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: finally i installed my alba exhaust  (Read 1950 times)

Offline grap660

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
finally i installed my alba exhaust
« on: June 26, 2008, 09:16:43 PM »
i finally installed my alba exhaust  :thumbs: and wow its freaken loud  :clap: :clap: :clap:  but i have one question if the pipe if it spits out a flame does that mean im to lean or rich  i also have a video that i post up to al in the video the flame part happens

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:18:41 PM by grap660 »
2004 raptor 660 blue, alba racing pipe,pro flow kit,pro design foam filter,jetted,gytr skid plate,razr 2 on rear,monster stickers,

dads 2005 yfz 450 alba edtion,alba racing pipe,alba racing graphics,trinty intake,itp holeshots on rear,tag handle barz,jetted,cam mod

Offline grap660

• Email
Re: finally i installed my alba exhaust
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 09:18:04 PM »
2004 raptor 660 blue, alba racing pipe,pro flow kit,pro design foam filter,jetted,gytr skid plate,razr 2 on rear,monster stickers,

dads 2005 yfz 450 alba edtion,alba racing pipe,alba racing graphics,trinty intake,itp holeshots on rear,tag handle barz,jetted,cam mod

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 09:21:02 PM »
You're rich.  The flame is caused by unburned fuel being left over and exiting the cylinder unused.

Offline grap660

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 09:30:22 PM »
would it be a problem that i wont be able to go tiding in baja tomorrow casue i dont want to work on the jets right now

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »
would it be a problem that i wont be able to go tiding in baja tomorrow casue i dont want to work on the jets right now

rich is safer than lean, but you may not be able to feel the full benefit of you new pipe till you lean it a tad

Aaron

Offline Pile0g00

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 09:35:50 PM »
If you run it rich you will run the risk of fouling your plug and ruining your day of riding.  At least take an extra plug with you.

Offline grap660

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 09:38:22 PM »
WHAT WOULD I NEED TO DO TO UNRICHING IT AND HOW LONG WELL IT TAKE cause maybe ill be able to do it before we go riding

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 09:49:09 AM »
unriching? that's a new term......more like lean it out a bit....
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline grap660

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 10:14:18 AM »
how do i lean it out

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 10:22:43 AM »
for a little......try moving the clip on the needle 1 notch
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline grap660

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 01:38:44 PM »
my uncle came to help me out with the jetting and he said that there was noting wrong with the clips your anything that the only reason it sparked out a flame cas that was the first time running the  exhaust  casue in my video i took it when we finished installing the exhaust  and we ran it for the first time first white smoke came out and when after that we rved it and a flame came out thats in the video that was the first flame that poped out and after that it there was no more flames