Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: A-Arm Buying Help  (Read 744 times)

Offline NoWhereToRide

• Street Cred: 0
A-Arm Buying Help
« on: April 11, 2009, 04:10:40 PM »
I'm thinking about replacing my stock A-Arms on my 09 700 SE. I was wondering which kind are the best for me.  Long Travel, Standard?  Which manufacturer?  I'm just a guy who rides on Sat and Sun.  I ride trails most of the time.  The trails are not real narrow.  Any help is appreciated.

2009 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE

Offline G-Man

• Email
Re: A-Arm Buying Help
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 09:45:26 PM »
Give Dave @ JD Performance a call.  Tell him what you will be doing and he will set you up with what you need.  Great guy to work with.  Tell him Glen sent you.  He helped us a lot with our a-arms and shocks.

Offline NoWhereToRide

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 01:18:28 AM »
Thought i would elaborate as to why I wanted to upgrade from my stock a-arms.  I continue to bottom out.  I jump every change I get on trails but I not hitting huge jumps catching big air like most of your nuts.  I've bent two sets of nerf bars and I'm on ordering my third skid plate and swing arm plate.  I guess I may need a better set of shocks?  I'm 260lbs.

2009 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE

Offline V2PRODUCTS

• Site Sponsor
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 05:17:08 PM »
I was wondering which kind are the best for me.  Long Travel, Standard?  Which manufacturer? 

Long travel and standard travel will have the same actual wheel travel. Both will work great when setup correctly. We have insane deals on i-shock suspension right now. We can get you into a complete i-shock front end for $1250.00 ....... this will come with +2 a-arms, ball joints, tie rods, steel braided brake lines, 4 billet brake line clamps, instructional dvd, ball joint press tool, piggy back shocks with adjustable compression and adjustable rebound and a life time warranty. The shocks will come setup to your specs before shipping. Once you install this kit you will have almost 12 inches of actual wheel travel.