Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Wheel Spacers - Good or Bad?!?  (Read 2695 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Wheel Spacers - Good or Bad?!?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 02:45:13 PM »
The time for removal is not an issue.  I usually have my setups done the night before. The thing for me is strength mostly.  I won't be doing any jumping, mostly sand and trail riding.

Then, you are cool with those billet spacers. Durablues require you to knock out the studs.

You could also try extended hubs. Usually around $100. :thumbs: One of our members even rode on those and a stock axle in a race and they survived. :thumbs:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline zx10r203

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • NOMAD SYNDICATE
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 07:19:40 PM »
The time for removal is not an issue.  I usually have my setups done the night before. The thing for me is strength mostly.  I won't be doing any jumping, mostly sand and trail riding.

Then, you are cool with those billet spacers. Durablues require you to knock out the studs.

You could also try extended hubs. Usually around $100. :thumbs: One of our members even rode on those and a stock axle in a race and they survived. :thumbs:

I read some reviews on the G-Force hubs making wheels wobble. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 08:58:55 PM by zx10r203 »

Offline zx10r203

• VIP
  • NOMAD SYNDICATE
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 08:59:26 PM »
I read some reviews on the G-Force hubs making wheels wobble.

Anyone have any experience with these??

Offline Kenneth

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 6
  • 270-774-1982
    • KB Motorsports
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 10:50:16 AM »
I think wheel spacers are great for quads that don't get ridden too much. However, if your one of those guys (like I used to be before I got married) who ride everyday for a few hours they will eventually where out your ball joints. If you don't keep a close eye out on your ball joints you will soon know what it feels like being thrown over the bars.  However, with the proper maintenance  it could be a safe modification for any sport / utility 4-wheeler.

KB Motorsports
Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com

Offline fastraptor

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 03:49:05 PM »
I think the rappys wide enough already unless its a 660,we ride oregon dunes and too wide is hard for tree shooting!! Ever bounce off a pine tree and end up down a hole?Trying to get your quad out you feel like your heart is going to explode  :help:  :help:
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Offline zx10r203

• VIP
  • NOMAD SYNDICATE
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 10:34:23 PM »
I think wheel spacers are great for quads that don't get ridden too much. However, if your one of those guys (like I used to be before I got married) who ride everyday for a few hours they will eventually where out your ball joints. If you don't keep a close eye out on your ball joints you will soon know what it feels like being thrown over the bars.  However, with the proper maintenance  it could be a safe modification for any sport / utility 4-wheeler.

KB Motorsports

Thanks for the info.  The spacers would be for the rears!!

Offline Oilfield_Mafia

• VIP
  • Team Prick! FTW!
    • Diesel Bombers
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 06:09:40 PM »
Thanks for the info on the spacers.. I was concerned, but I knew I wanted the rear to be a little wider..  :thumbs:
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
  • Just livin' the dream!!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 06:12:22 AM »
  I've run durablue and the billet aluminum and I will say that the aluminum is the way to go.  No need to remove your wheel studs and the Durablue uses long bolts that can move over time due to their length.  I bought them for ice racing and they were too wide but I'll keep them for special occasions in the summer.  I'm not a real fan of running them in the front, the bike seems to push in the corners with them in but I LOVE them in the rear.  I ran a widening kit in the front for a while and that was kick-ass.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 06:24:03 AM by SULLY0556 »
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

Offline 09RappySE

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 09:20:40 PM »
The G force did have a wobbling problem at first but they fixed that, I have them for the rear and they made a big difference in the stability and turning, they add about 3.5 inches to the rear.
734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 12:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 74hp 52Tq

07 LT-R450
500cc Kit
Porting by Bo
DMC Pro Comp 4
Trinity intake
ATP intake Cam
Tuned by EHS 50hp 34Tq