Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Venom vs my Kenz  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 11
    • Email
Re: Venom vs my Kenz
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 03:20:41 PM »
Hey Preddy, Aj told me the other bike had Venom porting and a Venom 12.5:1 piston, I got no info on cam or other goodies.  Let's call it how it is, Aj's bike is NOT a Kenz built bike, it has a Kenz head on it that he bought from an RF member and a Racer's Edge 14:1 piston, x2, Barkers, etc.  This isn't really a Kenz vs. Venom deal if you ask me, it's a Kenz head vs a venom head.  That being said, a cam and compression can easily make the difference.  This isn't exactly an apples to apples race here

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 03:23:32 PM »
Not to trash on your bike or his AJ, they both run good.  I'm just saying this isn't a race between a Kenz shop built bike and a bike that came straight out of Venom's shop with all the top dollar goodies on it from both places, racing to see which shop is the shit.

Offline Sandeater

• Street Cred: 3
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 05:00:26 PM »
LOL No problem and you are right Troy.  I am WAY too poor to send my stuff off to a builder.  My mistake...mine is not a "built by __________" bike, just has a Kenz head like Troy said.

I am pretty sure Rick has a Hotcam which would make a difference also.  If he had higher comp it would probably be REALLY close or him ahead.

As far as riding....Rick has been riding for over 30 years and is CRAZY....Me about 4 years.
My Sand Only Queen
Currently being rebuilt
2006 RE 778
Slingshot Lockup
+6 SLC Ladder Swingarm
Paint by JK Customs

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 05:34:01 PM »
Hey AJ I'm not saying you shouldn't call your bike a Kenz or his a venom, just trying to make sure people know these aren't shop bikes.  I will say I'd like to see your Kenz head RE 14:1 against Preddy's Bo head 14:1 venom, now that is a great matchup, same compression and cam, two great ported heads, killer single pipe vs. duals, same weight bikes, riders etc.  Maybe on one of our future get togethers we can do it.  But if you can't ride for the next two years I'm sure Preddy will have changed his setup by then.  You are going to have some serious catching up to do when you get back, lol.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 08:46:46 PM »
Cool, thats what I wanted to hear. I think anyone who knows there head from a hole in the ground will tell you that Venom's porting is'nt even on the same plane as RE or Kenz or alike.

Venom knows how to make a damn good piston, but the rest if up for debate. I don't know why Venom is so hooked on the HC2, but hell its up to him to sell what he wants.

Not trying to bash your buds bike at all, just stating what I have found over the last couple of years.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »
Hi Preddy! ;)

I have been taking the entire brunt of the meth jokes since you have been AWOL. :lol:

AWOL, shit its called ACTUALLY WORKING!!!lololol I got busted hard core and during the day I have maybe 5-10 minutes to check the forums. Just yesterday they layed off 7 people from my work. (only about 100 in the whole company) I am not going to risk it anymore.

Sorry peels, but you may have to take over the thrown of RS Meth King..lol
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 09:14:41 PM »
yeah I think a Bo head is a much better match for a Kenz head, my money is that they are going to be pretty competitive.  I don't think Venom is even close when it comes to porting.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 09:16:33 PM »
Hi Preddy! ;)

I have been taking the entire brunt of the meth jokes since you have been AWOL. :lol:

AWOL, shit its called ACTUALLY WORKING!!!lololol I got busted hard core and during the day I have maybe 5-10 minutes to check the forums. Just yesterday they layed off 7 people from my work. (only about 100 in the whole company) I am not going to risk it anymore.Sorry peels, but you may have to take over the thrown of RS Meth King..lol

:( Totally understand. Been feeling that way myself.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"