Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: help please!!!  (Read 762 times)

Offline cumminspuller

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
help please!!!
« on: March 04, 2009, 03:38:16 PM »
Alright, I busted the head, and of course, coolant got into the bottom end. I got another head and installed it, done everything by the book. The bike sat for at least 5-6 months, and dumb azz me forgot to drain the bottom end. Now I've even taken the jug off and cheked to make sure the walls were ok, they were. The oil in the bottom was milky, so i knew I'd have to flush it a lot. Well I've changed the oil six times, flushed the radiator, bled the coolant so there would'nt be any air in the lines, and the oil is still milky, it has gotten better but it looks like the oil is litterally all tiny bubbles. Also after just running 15-30 sec., to circulate the oil, the head pipes are scalding azz hot. The head pipes were rusty and mud baked so I stripped them down and painted them with high temp paint. I thought that it was just the paint getting hot at first, but, the third time my temp. light came on.

thanks for the help!!!!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: help please!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 04:06:53 PM »
head pipes are hot as hell right away. Normal. As far as the oil being milky...? Drain it run it, drain it run it. Hope there is no other gasket blown, but shouldn't be.

Does it run OK? Flush the Radiator....Run it with hose off and pouring water into the radiator to see if it is flowing oK.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline NaturalRaptor

• Potato King
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 8
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 04:12:54 PM »
Peels is right double check gaskets and cylinder compression.

I am not a fan of the engine flush stuff but if you changed the oil that many times and its still milky try it. I used it once and only on a V8 and ran it 1 minute. Then I changed the oil again after a few hours to make sure I got rid of it all. 

Good luck!
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Offline cumminspuller

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »
Well, I done the clear tube thing to my carbs while I had everything apart, other than the carbs needing to be adjusted a little, it seems like its running ok. Is the oil being full of bubbles typical? I'm using reg non-detergent 30 weight oil, but I was planning on tearing it back down and checking the jug. I put brand new gaskets on when I installed my new head, do I need to get another set of new one if I tear it back down.

Thanks