Product Biz > How to: How it's Done!

How to install your new OMI greasable steering stem mount!!

(1/3) > >>

robkd:
Here is a quick overview of what you need to do.

1.  Remove the rear seat.

2.  Remove the hood topper, by removing the two allen bolts on the top of it under the handlebars. 

3.  Remove all bolts holding your plastic on and then move onto removing the shift indicator electrical plug and overflow tube next to it.

4.  Plastic should come off now.

5.  Remove 4 bolts holding tank, as well as electrical plug, and fuel line on top of tank.  ( also remove rubber attached to tank on the back of the tank)

6.  Now you should be able to see the old stem mount.  You will have to bend the locking tabs off of the bolts to remove them.

7.  After you remove the old mount just clean the surface really well, coat the new mount with a light coat of grease, and reinstall using the old hardware from your old mount including the sleeves from the old mount.

8.  Put everything back together just the same way you took it apart and your done!

Krandall:
Great Write up man!  :thumbs:

robkd:
First one, and if anyone needs anything added i will be more than happy too.  Soon to come will be installation of my duals!! Finally.

Headrope:
Does having the grease zerk on one side or the other make it easier to grease later?

Can we even access the grease zerk without disassembling to the point where we could just replace the mount?

robkd:
I noticed that some people mounted the grease zirc the other way, and some people are putting 90 deg. zircs in so they can get a grease gun into it but i am leaving mine as is for now.  I don't want to try to stuff a grease gun hose up in there and hope i get the zirc, or possibly get grease all over the place. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version