Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Plug Color ?  (Read 3604 times)

Offline 22Chet

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: Plug Color ?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 02:11:11 PM »
i dont think its burning oil, it shouldnt be. Has low hours and i just changed the oil again and it drained quite a bit out but i didnt measure it to make sure it was all 2 quarts.
2006 Raptor 700
GYTR Exhaust
GYTR Intake
PCIII
15t Sprocket
TrailTech Vapor

Offline cowtownup

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • I gotta have it....
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2008, 10:35:31 AM »
Do you think the accel pump is a good feature?  I didn't know about it and I want to try it...  However, I feel like I have a pretty good map and don't want to screw up what is running good.... I do want some extra quickness though....  Don't we all....

Thanks
Cowtown...
PCIII
Barker Duals
Pro Design with K&N Filter
Dynojet Ignition Module
Web Cam Stage 3
Diamond Piston (12.5 to 1)
+3 Throttle Body (KDS Racing)
Dynotune Nitrous Kit (Wet System)
SLC +6 Quadcustoms Ladder (PC's Black)
PRM Desert Grab Bar (PC'd Black)
CRJ Lowering Blocks (Front)

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2008, 10:42:24 AM »
Do you think the accel pump is a good feature?  I didn't know about it and I want to try it...  However, I feel like I have a pretty good map and don't want to screw up what is running good.... I do want some extra quickness though....  Don't we all....

Thanks

IMO, the accel pump is a bandaid for a bad map.  If your map is on, the AP will make you slower, not faster.

Aaron

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2008, 02:56:33 PM »

Thanks

IMO, the accel pump is a bandaid for a bad map.  If your map is on, the AP will make you slower, not faster.

Aaron

care to explain?

Offline vreds

• whaaaDADADADADADADADADA engine cut off sound clip
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2008, 05:24:55 PM »
Not enough air to burn cleanly all the gaz that is injected, so you lose all that potential power also making that blackish color which is simply carbon deposite which will end up making a higher C/R ( compression ratio ) making an even richer evironment.... in other words, it's not good.

The opposite is still not good. Too much air in the air/gaz mixture create more horsepower, but it hurt the engine because of the excess heat that is created. Burned valve is an example.

Hope it help.
Raptor 700 2006 ... now with a dead engine :(

PC5
YFZ front shock
CCP stabilizer
Lonestar axle

Offline tonyrt44

• VIP
  • when you present yourself, you gotta do it right
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2009, 02:52:32 PM »
accelerator pump is feature that help richen your A/F ratio when suddenly opening the throttle which creates a lean transition. the amount of fuel does not have to be that much, to the contrary of carburated system, which requires much more squirted into the intake tracts.

Ranking:   ???