Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: MegaCycle makin new cams?  (Read 2401 times)

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
Re: MegaCycle makin new cams?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 09:38:43 PM »
I to might be down for a rebuild this winter, and would be able to have back to back dyno runs. Just like the +2TB I did.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline PDX Raptor

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 09:49:52 PM »
Kenny.....I would love to try that new cam grind out along with your custom piston & ring package.
I have a real good baseline on a good repeatable dyno I can go by to show you my gains on my combination  :thumbs:
I had you in mind when I ordered my high compression stuff. The 14:1 in your bore size should be here in about 2 weeks :clap:

Right on Bro.....I need a little more umph, to be able to outrun them big assed Long rod builds my buddies are sportin when they throw them light assed jockeys on em  ::)

Need a little more umph? LOL Didn't you just win last weekend? Congrats BTW......never fast enough right.
Charlie

RaptorRandy

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 10:03:35 PM »
Kenny.....I would love to try that new cam grind out along with your custom piston & ring package.
I have a real good baseline on a good repeatable dyno I can go by to show you my gains on my combination  :thumbs:
I had you in mind when I ordered my high compression stuff. The 14:1 in your bore size should be here in about 2 weeks :clap:

Right on Bro.....I need a little more umph, to be able to outrun them big assed Long rod builds my buddies are sportin when they throw them light assed jockeys on em  ::)

Need a little more umph? LOL Didn't you just win last weekend? Congrats BTW......never fast enough right.

Thanks.....but I'm not claiming that win.....I got beat by the light weight Jocky on powdercoaters 850 longrod.....the only reason I got the trophy is because they weighed in light. The duner class has a 550 lb minimum combined bike & rider weight rule.  They were 538 on the scales and I was 583......now I know I can safely take about 30 lbs off my bike and pick up a little more performance right there....but I want the 14:1 piston with the total seal low tension ring package and the custom grind cam Kenny's having done for some more insurance  :)  My goal is to hit 80+ RWHP on Rooster Builts Eddie Current load dyno. I'm at 77 right now so that's gonna be a tall order.

Randy

Offline PDX Raptor

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 10:20:44 PM »
I knew you would say that (I've read some of your other posts). I'm not sure if you are being humble or giving credit where you think it is due. Fact is you won and should be proud of victory. Sounds like you have been racing for awhile, think about all the times you had the best car and didn't hook or tripped the lights. I know it has happened to me and I didn't see the winner giving back the trophy. GL with build!
Charlie

RaptorRandy

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 10:24:24 PM »
I knew you would say that (I've read some of your other posts). I'm not sure if you are being humble or giving credit where you think it is due. Fact is you won and should be proud of victory. Sounds like you have been racing for awhile, think about all the times you had the best car and didn't hook or tripped the lights. I know it has happened to me and I didn't see the winner giving back the trophy. GL with build!

Don't get me wrong Bro......I'm proud as hell of the way my bike performed, I just don't like winning that way. I won my first main event in Sprintcars the very same way and I have never really counted that one either.

Randy

Offline J-HILT

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 10:28:42 AM »

Don't get me wrong Bro......I'm proud as hell of the way my bike performed, I just don't like winning that way. I won my first main event in Sprintcars the very same way and I have never really counted that one either.

Randy

Settle down there captain modest :rofl:.. Yo got the win and thats what matters..Weight makes a huge difference on these bikes as you well know.. Now that I know those damn #'s you have been hiding :rofl: I can't wait to get out and BS drink and race with ya!! Hope your making out to Dumont and Glamis this winter :thumbs:
**Racers Edge**
** Wild Ones Racing**
CNC Head
14:1 Cp Piston
X-4 Cam
+2TB *Kennys*
PCIII
Dynatek Ignition
LTE Dual Exhaust
Can't give away all my tricks

RaptorRandy

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 11:13:10 AM »

Randy

Settle down there captain modest :rofl:.. Yo got the win and thats what matters..Weight makes a huge difference on these bikes as you well know.. Now that I know those damn #'s you have been hiding :rofl: I can't wait to get out and BS drink and race with ya!! Hope your making out to Dumont and Glamis this winter :thumbs:

I'm gonna do my best to put together a trip down there with some of the N.M.R. crew. I look foward to kicking it with you and the rest of the racers edge guys and seeing those bad boys run the hill  :thumbs: 

I decided to keep my numbers to myself untill I seen how it performed against the bikes with a lot higher dyno numbers on the hill :)

Kinda like the speak softly and carry a big stick line of thinking if ya get my drift  ;)

Offline J-HILT

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 11:18:39 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl:
**Racers Edge**
** Wild Ones Racing**
CNC Head
14:1 Cp Piston
X-4 Cam
+2TB *Kennys*
PCIII
Dynatek Ignition
LTE Dual Exhaust
Can't give away all my tricks

Offline Sand84

• Original Gangsta
  • Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 9
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »

Did u order any 105.5 14:1???? :batman:
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!