Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Ever happen to you?  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Ever happen to you?
« on: June 05, 2008, 03:10:57 PM »
SO...we got out the gps and started haulin ass down the highway, got just about home WOT, then: "sputter, sputter, cough, cough...dead" uh-oh, figured I'd find a smoked valve or something. I was freaking out. Nervous as hell. Not even some of preddy08's meth could help me now. ;)

Turned out, it was just low enough on gas that I must have sloshed back and starved the bowls. It started right back up and ran fine on reserve to go fill up. Didn't know it would happen like that.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
Re: Ever happen to you?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 03:12:25 PM »
i had that happen to me couple times....close to home base though...no biggy
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 03:15:25 PM »
funny thing was I have been makin fun of my friend who did that with his banshee. Pinned it and did a wheelie and it stalled. He was takin out spark plugs checkin compression etc. It was pretty funny. Geess paybacks are a bitch. :grin_nod:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:27:15 AM »
that's what ya get with 2 stroke reliability though :grin_nod:
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 08:07:42 AM »
that's what ya get with 2 stroke reliability though :grin_nod:

:clap: I have noticed that every time we ride, it seems like a test and tune session. :confused:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 10:41:42 AM »
Nothin' like riding, being two miles out and that happen......then figure out you WERE riding on reserve.

:'(

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 08:36:16 PM »
Nothin' like riding, being two miles out and that happen......then figure out you WERE riding on reserve.

~Brian

better that than being two miles up in the plane :rofl:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 08:54:32 AM »

~Brian

No, I can calculate fuel burn on my E6B located on my kneeboard. Luckily I've never been close to running out of fuel.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
  • Street Cred: 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 11:50:17 AM »
LOL I know someone that was out at the dunes and ran out running on reserve....   
Gonna be stupid you better be tuff.  

Got duals ?

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 01:11:03 PM »
LOL I know someone that was out at the dunes and ran out running on reserve....   

It has happened to me, but I was pretty close to home.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 09:11:22 PM »

~Brian

No, I can calculate fuel burn on my E6B located on my kneeboard. Luckily I've never been close to running out of fuel.

~Brian

That would be one scary ass feeling though. I think id shit a brick. and another.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 09:12:52 AM »

~Brian

~Brian

That would be one scary ass feeling though. I think id shit a brick. and another.

I double check my fuel burn while flying. It's very important to me. Practicing emergency proceedures is the only thing that will prepare you for the real thing, and practicing them often.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 10:07:12 AM »
I was on a small jet once, and the copilot came around asking us about our weight. We can only assume an error in fueling was made, they did not say. What got me was all the lying mofo's on the plane. Fat biotch across the said she was "150" Yeah, sure, you look like could eat me for lunch and still have room for dessert. So the guy flying with me, who weighed 120 soaking wet, goes, I'm just gonna say I weigh 1200 lbs to account for the "discrepancies" hope the plane doesn't go down on account of vanity. :rofl: Needless to say we were freaking a bit.

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 10:18:09 AM »
I was on a small jet once, and the copilot came around asking us about our weight. We can only assume an error in fueling was made, they did not say. What got me was all the lying mofo's on the plane. Fat biotch across the said she was "150" Yeah, sure, you look like could eat me for lunch and still have room for dessert. So the guy flying with me, who weighed 120 soaking wet, goes, I'm just gonna say I weigh 1200 lbs to account for the "discrepancies" hope the plane doesn't go down on account of vanity. :rofl: Needless to say we were freaking a bit.

I have to ask your weight before planning a long flight. It's for weight and balance information. Very important. If we are heavier, then I need to know how much fuel I need to put in.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 12:05:45 PM »

I have to ask your weight before planning a long flight. It's for weight and balance information. Very important. If we are heavier, then I need to know how much fuel I need to put in.

~Brian

ever get slapped? :lol: