Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: removing warning signs on plastic  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
Re: removing warning signs on plastic
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 04:35:30 PM »
I have seen Rivets put through the holes just to fill them in, it looks pretty cool too!

Offline sandaddy

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
  • What.......Who`s a Chicken ??
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 04:37:23 PM »
damn,  ur pictures got deleted before i could see em!    the link worked,  those are pretty awesome!    i removed the labels last night in less than 10 minutes i think im jsut gonna leave it blank for a clean look.

i was thinking about trying to fill in the holes even though there small but i think it would be a waste of time!  plus i couldnt think of what to fill them with besides maybe super glue or somethiing like that.

Most good hardware stores will have an assortment of chrome buttons that "snap in place" right into the holes left when you removed the original labels....This would give you a clean look, but fill the empty holes.....Several friends have done this with their  plastics.  :grin_nod:

~ Sandaddy   8)
`06 780 Duner   Sandaddys Kid
`07 686 Duner   The "Spare"
`08 727 Duner    Dad`s Bike
`09 843 Duner    Dad`s Super Duner
`08 Z400 Duner  Moms` Bike
`10 Da Rzr        The Family Toy

Offline zacharkins

• Email
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 07:57:39 AM »
ya i like the skull and tribal but i think um gonna go the cheapest way out and just fill the holes!    sandaddy do you have anymore info on the "buttons"  you were talking about? 

Offline sandaddy

• VIP
  • What.......Who`s a Chicken ??
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »
ya i like the skull and tribal but i think um gonna go the cheapest way out and just fill the holes!    sandaddy do you have anymore info on the "buttons"  you were talking about? 

They come in different sizes to fit different hole sizes....They are flat topped, chrome plated and have slotted spring back pieces on back that snap fits into holes. I`ve got one in my hand.....I`ll try to get my son to take a picture and post it up. I got these at Ace Hardware in So. Oregon, but I`m sure they`d be in most good selection hardware stores.

I have this one a friend gave me to size to the hole in plastic, if I went that way. I ended up going with carbon fiber ones for about $70.00 and I really like the look. I`ll try to post pic up in next day or two.

~ Sandaddy  8)
`06 780 Duner   Sandaddys Kid
`07 686 Duner   The "Spare"
`08 727 Duner    Dad`s Bike
`09 843 Duner    Dad`s Super Duner
`08 Z400 Duner  Moms` Bike
`10 Da Rzr        The Family Toy

Offline zacharkins

• Email
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 12:29:48 PM »
Damn, i was thinking maybe 5 dollars!     i do like carbon fiber but thats a lot of money!