Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: stalling help  (Read 1164 times)

Offline 700rSE

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
stalling help
« on: September 01, 2008, 06:38:29 PM »
hey guys, i finally got a raptor yesterday but it wasnt quite the one i wanted because i had to seriously fix my vehicle and some other things came up. so i got a 02 660 blk/wht with 4in wider axle itp holeshot tires k&n airfilter skid plate and just had a new clutch put in for 3000.
but i was riding today getting used to it, just going through some bumps not goin fast and then it stalled and engine shut down hard. but when i go faster then its good, so do i just have to keep the revs up or what? thanks

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: stalling help
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 06:45:22 PM »
hey guys, i finally got a raptor yesterday but it wasnt quite the one i wanted because i had to seriously fix my vehicle and some other things came up. so i got a 02 660 blk/wht with 4in wider axle itp holeshot tires k&n airfilter skid plate and just had a new clutch put in for 3000.
but i was riding today getting used to it, just going through some bumps not goin fast and then it stalled and engine shut down hard. but when i go faster then its good, so do i just have to keep the revs up or what? thanks

no offense, is gas low? Mine starts to do that when I get close to hittin reserve. Turn on reserve valve and see if it goes away. Gas sloshing around in the tank will have that effect.  If not that clean the carbs. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline 700rSE

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »
lol im not that dumb, on the way home i filled it, and also it just had a tune up and valve something lol. but the guy did say first is a high gear so maybe i just need to keep the speed up?

Offline Livingmylife93

• Street Cred: 1
  • Ride Hard, Crash Harder, Laugh The Hardest
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 06:53:34 PM »
More than likely yes, you just have to get used to it.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 07:02:41 PM »
lol im not that dumb, on the way home i filled it, and also it just had a tune up and valve something lol. but the guy did say first is a high gear so maybe i just need to keep the speed up?

yes, raptors like to go fast. Could get smaller front sprocket, too.  You don't have to be dumb for that to happen.  My buddy had stuff tore off his banshee thinking he blew it up before he realized it was low fuel. :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline 700rSE

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »
lol i no, no offense was taken  :thumbs: i went out with a friend tonight going down some trails (he has a suzuki 500 utility HA) it was a good times but since it was my first time really riding it i didnt go real fast at the beginning so i think he thought it was slow. but thats just because his 4x4 can handle the rough terrain better but i still got it pretty dirty(pics will be up tomorrow). on the way home though we were on a smoother trail and he got a head start and i finally got to open her up again and i just put it in 4th and i was on his ass and had to brake. but so far im loving it :clap: