Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Motowoz/houser review  (Read 5843 times)

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: Motowoz/houser review
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 01:59:40 PM »
LOL, sasquatch. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I would really like to compair out front ends. When they were elka's I wasnt too impressed. I got it revalved and the difference was NIGHT AND DAY!!!

How was the ride for the skinny boys, since they are valved for sasquatch.

My front end is bigger and gives a much better ride. :rofl: :rofl: 8)

Too bad your Mom is the only one who knows for sure  :thumbs:

Corrected !!  :lol:

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 02:01:25 PM »
Or it could be the brother.   :lol:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 02:11:21 PM »
you guys are homos :'( :'(

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 02:18:40 PM »
 Ok, lets get this back on topic.  :ot: :spam:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »
Are you going to replace the rear shock anytime soon?

I was running the same setup as you, and the addition of a good rear shock is just icing on the cake!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 02:27:46 PM »
Are you going to replace the rear shock anytime soon?

I was running the same setup as you, and the addition of a good rear shock is just icing on the cake!

Josh made me a good rear shock.   :thumbs:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline downfour

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 04:51:08 PM »
thats the same setup i want when i get enough cheese put aside..  socal pm me the price that you paid..   how do you like the sli-cast arms..  have you ever messed with them.. 

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 06:57:46 AM »
thats the same setup i want when i get enough cheese put aside..  socal pm me the price that you paid..   how do you like the sli-cast arms..  have you ever messed with them.. 

PM sent.

I've been tweeking with the caster adjustments.  These a-arms are just sick.  I couldn't be more happy with them.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 10:55:55 AM »

PM sent.

I've been tweeking with the caster adjustments.  These a-arms are just sick.  I couldn't be more happy with them.

When I eventually do get into a-arms thats what I want to do is the sli-cast ones. I reallllly want the laeger pro-trax front end but $2200 without shocks or $3100 with elkas doesnt sound so good.

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 11:50:56 AM »

PM sent.

When I eventually do get into a-arms thats what I want to do is the sli-cast ones. I reallllly want the laeger pro-trax front end but $2200 without shocks or $3100 with elkas doesnt sound so good.

Read all about it in this link.  The adjustments are out of this world. 

http://www.houser-racing.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=62A0000-1131494014

You can get these and the best motowoz for less then 2200.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 11:55:41 AM »

PM sent.

I just took a look at the pro-trax front end and I didn't see half the adjustments that the sli-cast have.  But the laeger is more since it comes with a stem, but still WAY over priced for what you get.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 12:01:36 PM »

PM sent.

I just took a look at the pro-trax front end and I didn't see half the adjustments that the sli-cast have.  But the laeger is more since it comes with a stem, but still WAY over priced for what you get.

I think ill eventually go sli-cast either with motowoz or axis

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 12:04:29 PM »

PM sent.

I think ill eventually go sli-cast either with motowoz or axis

We would get into areas where everyone was hitting the breaks to slow down and I would just hammer it down and float across it.  Can't say enough about the motowoz, best I've ever ridden.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »
i rode it a bit too not bad at all very soft plush ride
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline Kenneth

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 6
  • 270-774-1982
    • KB Motorsports
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 11:17:09 AM »
Well as most of you know I have the motowoz tripple rate shocks on houser sli-cast +2 LT a-arms.  Well this weekend at silver lake was the first chance I was able to really put them through the ringer.  All I can say is HOLY CRAP!  These shocks blew me away.  I kept trying to find a point where I had to back off because it was getting too rough and I couldn't find it.  Every time I saw a real rough patch full of whoops and deep sand rail tracks I just punched it.  I floated over the top of everything.  I even put Mad Dog on my bike to see what he thought and I believe his words when he got off the bike were..."Wow! I am truly impressed...truly".  He had one huge shit eating grin on his face when he pulled up.....sand84 also took it for a ride so you can also ask him what he thought about it.

I know this set up is a bit pricey but it is more then worth it, I've ridden a few bikes with other set ups like the ishock LT set up and they can't even compare. 

I'm so glad you didn't get the ishock setup and spent the extra money on the Motowoz. I absolutely love my setup.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com