Raptor 700 Information > 700 General Discussion

Paddle Tire Rollout/paddle count/gearing/ swingarm length...

(1/6) > >>

Colorado700R:
How do you guys match a rollout/paddle count/gearing/ and swing arm length to your bikes??

Is it all trial and error, or is there a proper method to the madness??

I'm sure different conditions affect your set-up....Like type of sand, type of race, Altitude (300ft, hillshots, flat 1/8th or more) right?

Also, it seems that the same "size" tires may infact are completely different (IE Troy's 7 paddle SLS hauler 22" are way taller than my 7 paddle 22" haulers)

I think there's allot of folks trying to figure out what works best for them, just trying to get some input for folks before they buy the wrong tires for their applications.

Aaron

jstev:
Aron I have been reading on this till my eyes bleed.  I want to get a set of hill tires for the St A's trip. 
Are troys tires on a more narrow wheel?  Also even on the same size carcase there are plenty of diff. rollout sizes. 

Colorado700R:

--- Quote from: jstev on December 03, 2009, 05:48:18 PM ---Aron I have been reading on this till my eyes bleed.  I want to get a set of hill tires for the St A's trip.  
Are troys tires on a more narrow wheel?  Also even on the same size carcase there are plenty of diff. rollout sizes.  

--- End quote ---

I don't think troys wheels are any different (8x8 I believe).   I think it would be very cool if our resident racers would chime in with a guide for starting points

IE

stock-3 mod bikes (38-50HP range)

Hill shooters
6 paddle brat 22's 65" rollout 15/37 gears

300ft
8 paddle SLS 22" haulers 70" rollout 14/38 gears

Flat drag 1/8th or longer

7 paddle SLS 22" haulers 70" rollout 14/38 gears

Basic duning
7 paddle 22" hauler 70" rollout 15/37 gears

and continue the info up into the bigboys HP 90+

Not looking for a Paddle tire bible by no means, but a good archive of starting points for people.

DL700:
...basicly,
throw tire size out the window and go by ROLL OUT/RO

but to make general tire selection lets go with size for now....
\
  Never over a 7 paddle for a STOCK ARM LENGTH 700.... a 6 works better in some cases for more tire spin off the line

20 in tires suck ... DONT BUY THEM!!!
 10 in wheels SUCK... DONT BUY THEM
 7 or 8 in wide ONLY
EXTREME's suck.. and are heavy... good for 300 ft...not so good for the hill

8x7 vs 8x8 wheels... the 8x7 is lighter and lets a tire GROW more ....also allows more adjustability with the use of air pressure ....

a 21/12/8 on an 8x7 will be taller then a 22x11x8 on an 8x8...and a LOT lighter

The CARCASS used makes a big difference is actual RO/////

A 21x12x8 7 paddle hauler is good for a bike up to 65 hp on 4-6 in arm....

Most of the time LESS=MORE....
the lower the paddle count the less the tire weighs amd the less it will drag.... (matters more on the hill then flat)

RO vs gearing....

basicly we gear for the hill... pulling peak power rpm near the top and staying off the limiter...staying on a 2-3 shift pattern...this gearinm depends on the hill u run... and tire size...and hp output...for duning pick a gear that doesnt require constant shifting but is still snappy to compliment your bikes power///

Troy:
My 7 paddles have been good from stock to my 49 horsepower now  :thumbs:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version