Raptor 700 Information > 700 General Discussion

Raptor 700 Glowing Header Pipes

<< < (2/7) > >>

exentix:
sorry mr. grumpy gills i didnt read it right!

Warren:
it's about time someone made this a sticky. lol. i was just going to suggest a sticky for this thread when i saw "headers glowing" on the 700 section of the homepage here. lol.

but yeah from another 700R owner it's normal. no matter what you do the headers are going to glow.

hey peels, when you get your HMF take it for a night ride and run about 3-4 miles at WOT in 5th gear and look at your headers while riding that fast. they will glow all the back to the "Y" pipe and alittle past it. lol. so basicly all the way back to your leg will be red hot.  ::) take some hot dogs or marshmellows.  :thumbs:

Krandall:

--- Quote from: warren on January 25, 2009, 09:15:09 PM ---it's about time someone made this a sticky. lol. i was just going to suggest a sticky for this thread when i saw "headers glowing" on the 700 section of the homepage here. lol.

but yeah from another 700R owner it's normal. no matter what you do the headers are going to glow.

hey peels, when you get your HMF take it for a night ride and run about 3-4 miles at WOT in 5th gear and look at your headers while riding that fast. they will glow all the back to the "Y" pipe and alittle past it. lol. so basicly all the way back to your leg will be red hot.  ::) take some hot dogs or marshmellows.  :thumbs:

--- End quote ---

+1

I have some pics somewhere..  :help:  of my HMF. I had it idleing in the garage for about 5 mins. I was like... whoa.... those things are cherry, turned off the lights and exactly as you said, mine went all the way back to the Y in the pipe!  ::)

fire raptor:
If the glow bothers them they can ride in the daylight. It,s kinda pretty around Christmas time. It freaks you out the first time you see it.

Oilfield_Mafia:
 :lol: :lol:

Im soooo Glad I saw this thread.. Last night I got my rappy back with the new GYT-R exhaust on, and I rode it for just a few minutes around the house, and when I got back in the shop, I saw the glowing headers.. Kinda freaked me out, but I remembered this thread. :thumbs:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version