Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: To Aaron Dassler:  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
To Aaron Dassler:
« on: April 27, 2020, 10:06:27 AM »
I'm not one for mushy words or anything like that but Aaron was an awesome guy. His sense of humor is one of the main reasons why we clicked and connected so quickly which I know many of you can say.
Have any awesome stories, photos, or anything else you want to ramble about Aaron? 
Post em up here!
:horsepop1: :ethan:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: To Aaron Dassler:
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 10:24:57 AM »
oh man.

Aaron was teh first person to call you out for bein a lil b*tch.. but the first person to help you when you needed it.

for instance. When KFC released the "double down" sammich. I commneted that it was the greasecovered downfall of america. his repsons was to change my name "hatesKFCthereforehatesamerica"

but who towed me out of the sand dunes in the middle of the night? YEP...

THEN called me at midnight once to remind me to tighten my carrier bolts but it was YEARS after the mishap.... and to talk shit about WII mariokart racing lol

but then, when my dad died there were a few people that called me he was one of them....

yep.   loved that guy.

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 10:42:39 AM »
I can't think of one specific story. Aaron rarely offered a genuine compliment. Below is a quote from Mr Dassler. This was him and our relationship in a nutshell :rofl:
and I wouldn't have had it any other way. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hate:

Krandall

Hefe

Peels

who's next?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 10:46:40 AM »
I can't think of one specific story. Aaron rarely offered a genuine compliment. Below is a quote from Mr Dassler. This was him and our relationship in a nutshell :rofl:
and I wouldn't have had it any other way. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hate:

Krandall

Hefe

Peels

who's next?

:lol:

indeed it was rare.  :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 11:09:39 AM »
how can you sum up what an awesome guy he was...

He and Nikki were the first 2 to greet me after driving 17+ hours(straight through) to OK.. I wasn't even out of the truck hardly and he walks up and says "You must be Hefe" ... yep... BAM.. BIG HUG....
followed by his lovely wife...

"lets go riding!!"

so.. there we were... 3 in the morning, Gunny (drunk) Aaron and Nikki and myself...
I'm not sure I've ever been so unsure of my ability to ride.. I was scared shitless
but somehow I knew these total strangers had my back, and I would be ok...

you will be missed my friend... :(

https://youtu.be/fOinyKmfBQg

https://youtu.be/DBcHMun6H3s

https://youtu.be/t9zN_cyE_-o

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
Aaron no doubt brought his family closer together getting them involved with hobbies that they could all share together.

Note: The pre-emptive tow-strap on the front of ducttapes quad :rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 11:41:50 AM »
Blurry photo but this is sometime LATE night during the 2010 LS rally. Aaron even though he didn't verbally give consent, he was ALWAYS in.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 11:47:51 AM »
Aaron no doubt brought his family closer together getting them involved with hobbies that they could all share together.

Note: The pre-emptive tow-strap on the front of ducttapes quad :rofl:

i got the lucky draw towing him out with it, because I had the least modified quad.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 12:11:21 PM »
Hard one to see today.  Aaron was a good one.  Lost touch with pretty much everyone years ago but I have some great memories with him.  If anyone has his address we would love to send a note to the family.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 01:07:43 PM »
 It's been a LONG time fuckers. I hope everyone is doing well. I regret all of us having to meet like this under the circumstances. I met Aaron (pussy, as Little Buddah would affectionately add after addressing a-Aron) around 2004-2005 on this GERD awful site. Over the years, Aaron and I remained in contact, as I have with many of you. I would get a call now and then via phone while he was in Germany, while he was working abroad. He always timed it just right as I was driving home on my 45-minute commute, and filled my ear with stories or chatting in general, which was always welcomed. A-aron was a kind soul... twisted AF at times. His humor was so dark, it had warrants and dated a Kardashian. I always appreciated the calls, texts, and funnies he shared with me along the way. He was there when I needed someone to talk to, as was I for him on occasions. I will always remember our conversations about his travels, his life stories, being married to Nikki, and having kids. He was crazy about his family and Nikki. Words can't describe how sorry I am for them and his extended family. I will miss you, Aaron. Thank you for being there for me.
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2020, 02:58:39 PM »
Aaron & Nikki (& ducttape) are some of the only RF & RS people I have actually met.
Being as I live on the opposite side of the world & all, it's hard to actually get to meet people like you lot, but I was travelling extensively for work at one stage, & got to spend a bit of time in the Denver area as a result.
Managed to get the odd weekend off, & travelled down to their place to meet them.
Great people! Great family, genuine, caring, & always up for a feed.
Watching Top Gear ephisodes back to back in their dungeon, eating ribs at their local, getting climbed on by the kids, great times & special memories
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline phucker

• Phrankenstein
  • VIP -
  • Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 07:19:29 PM »
I suck with words as most of you know. He was a great dude, had lots of fun hanging out with him and nikki. I will miss his smartass. duct tape, you got some big shoes to fill, make your dad proud.(as we all know he already was)

Offline UncleBeaner

• Original Gangsta
  • Super Chat Moderator
  • Street Cred: 17
  • el oh el
    • Brian'smomhastheclap.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2020, 10:04:47 PM »
It?s been a few years since I?ve been on. Aaron was a great dude and actually re-typed my resume for my first real job lol. His quote of nobody is going to promote you better than yourself stuck with me for years. And I almost forgot :beans:
:beans:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2020, 07:55:05 AM »
It's been a LONG time fuckers. I hope everyone is doing well. I regret all of us having to meet like this under the circumstances. I met Aaron (pussy, as Little Buddah would affectionately add after addressing a-Aron) around 2004-2005 on this GERD awful site. Over the years, Aaron and I remained in contact, as I have with many of you. I would get a call now and then via phone while he was in Germany, while he was working abroad. He always timed it just right as I was driving home on my 45-minute commute, and filled my ear with stories or chatting in general, which was always welcomed. A-aron was a kind soul... twisted AF at times. His humor was so dark, it had warrants and dated a Kardashian. I always appreciated the calls, texts, and funnies he shared with me along the way. He was there when I needed someone to talk to, as was I for him on occasions. I will always remember our conversations about his travels, his life stories, being married to Nikki, and having kids. He was crazy about his family and Nikki. Words can't describe how sorry I am for them and his extended family. I will miss you, Aaron. Thank you for being there for me.

oh man  I forgot about that! those calls

mofo called me from Bayern Munichs soccer stadium... i heard nothing but people screaming.... a week later, I received a package from the motherland with a German national team soccer jersey in it. About 2014 right when they won the world cup. I wore that for good luck on one of my long motorcycle trips....  German bike...german jersey lol

actually choking up thinking about it... i wont be able to return a favor like that.....  :( :( :(

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2020, 08:51:52 AM »
Aaron and Nikki were the first ones I ever rode out on dunes with. I hadn't even slept for like 30 hours at that point. Scared as FERK I'd wreck and start a whole new era of memes, but it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. We definitely had a lot of our moments but I always liked and respected Aaron, and I'll always enjoy the times we had, on and off internet.