Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Just FYI for you guys who ride higher altitudes  (Read 9453 times)

Offline theshee

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: Just FYI for you guys who ride higher altitudes
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2008, 06:23:44 AM »
well we will have to get together after labor day if I can get time off work, id like to see the kenz motor in action now that you have it tuned and the timing fixed...
Mine is the same as it was before  :grin_nod:
4mil, K&T drag ported banshee, 1-5 duneable overide, CPI Inframes, +6 swinger, JJ&A Drag Axle- Just a slow Hillshooter
2009 RZR-S, Baja Front Bumper, 3500lb Winch, and full cooler of beer in the back!
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700- All stock with some 26" Mudders!
2005 Polaris RMK 700, Piped and Ported!!

Offline Sandeater

• Street Cred: 3
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2008, 06:50:54 AM »
Haha how come I have a hard time believing that  :rofl: Hopefully mine runs a lot better now that the compression is bumped up.  Got some new paddles since I was starting to rip the haulers so going to go test those and the new piston out this weekend.  Hope to see ya around!  :thumbs:
My Sand Only Queen
Currently being rebuilt
2006 RE 778
Slingshot Lockup
+6 SLC Ladder Swingarm
Paint by JK Customs

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2008, 07:18:47 AM »
haha no way! I have 2 weeks of vacation and one of them is being spent @ St. Anthony!!  And i can't beat $210 for a week for room and board and be 4 miles from the dunes.  I don't think i will want to come home  :grin_nod:
For $210 a week I can't think of a good reason I haven't made it to St A's from Minnesota
 ???

Yea I'm gonna need pics Sandeater  :thumbs:

Offline russ-russ

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I am Epic Win.
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2008, 09:54:34 PM »
haha no way! I have 2 weeks of vacation and one of them is being spent @ St. Anthony!!  And i can't beat $210 for a week for room and board and be 4 miles from the dunes.  I don't think i will want to come home  :grin_nod:
For $210 a week I can't think of a good reason I haven't made it to St A's from Minnesota
 ???

Yea I'm gonna need pics Sandeater  :thumbs:
St. Anthony is freakin' awesome.  I want to move to Idaho just to be close to there.  We were looking at every house that had a "For Sale" sign in front of it last time we were there. :lol:

Offline Sandeater

• Street Cred: 3
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2008, 05:10:28 PM »
Results today: 

MUCH better throttle response and she gets it pretty decent now just cruising around.  Front end comes up with the +4 if I want it to and I suck at wheelies.  LOL.

Cannot get out of the hole without breaking the chain though  :'( :'(  Did it TWICE.  DID 520 x-ring.  Has maybe 4 rides on it. I only had a link, no master link (lost the retaining clip on the first master link), after the first time so that's probably why it did it the second time  ::) 

I had it a little too tight (:cough: :cough: I think I remember someone saying that at their house.  I should have listened) and think that's what did it the first time.  Second time there was a good 1" slack but probably because of not having a master link in the chain.
My Sand Only Queen
Currently being rebuilt
2006 RE 778
Slingshot Lockup
+6 SLC Ladder Swingarm
Paint by JK Customs

Offline russ-russ

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I am Epic Win.
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2008, 10:36:54 PM »
Hope you didn't do any damage when it tossed the chain.  When I did the +2 swinger on my 660, I used an RK GXW chain with a rivet style link, kind of a pain, but very strong.  And once it's riveted it's not coming off.

Good to hear that the bike runs better with some added compression.  Enjoy St. Anthony!!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:40:03 PM by russ »