Other Quads > YFZ Discussion

wont start, water in intake i think

(1/4) > >>

kyledvor61:
I was skippin water and lost speed and flipped forward in the water, launching me, and bending the subframe. I put it back on 4 wheels and stared up right after the accident.I idled around my neighborhood for literally 10 mnutes and it was fine. comeing back down the driveway i went to get on it and cut out past 1/2 throttle. I took apart as I had to striaghten the sub frame anyway. i checked the plug and was perfect. put the tank on and plug in and fired it up. ran great in all rpm like nothing happened. put it all back together went to down the driveway and sounded worse than before. had to push it back to the garage. now it wont fire up at all. im guessing water in the airbox and filter since there was a little when i put it back together. it wouldnt be water in the gas since it idled perfect.

Jester2893:
 ::) ???

RR34:
stand it up on its ass and pull the plug off the bottom of the airbox and see if and water comes out. if that doesnt work then take the intake boot off and do the same.

Flynbyu:
Check to make sure there was not water in the spark plug boot. Use a little WD-40 in the cap too.

Give it a day or so and your bike should dry out.

~Brian

Colorado700R:
the gas you idled with could have just been in the carb.  Gas in the tank could be fouled  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version