Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Trail and dune swingarm length  (Read 2411 times)

Offline txredxj

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: Trail and dune swingarm length
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 07:56:30 PM »
I really like my 4over but it is a t dub that i got cheep. But when I get my winter project going I will get a good 4over or build a 4.5 with my new tig welder.

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 09:56:38 AM »
Rode some suuuuper tight trails yesterday on a OKRA race track, tight enough that I broke my chain tensioner, broke off a pinch bolt on my swinger, flattened 2 front gncc's and loosened up the risers. Not sure what else is wrong yet, I haven't washed the mud off. Anyhow, I noticed that I was having traction issues and I believe it was due to being to long of a swinger. I didn't have any issues being long as far as being able to maneuver. I'm rocking a +4 and waaaaaaay to much power. I think I'm going to change my previous statement and say a +2 or even a +1 would be better in uber tight woods. My +4 was great, but If I were in a competition it definitely would cost me a race due to lack of traction.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline SprinterX

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 10:57:38 AM »
I noticed that I was having traction issues and I believe it was due to being to long of a swinger. I think I'm going to change my previous statement and say a +2 or even a +1 would be better in uber tight woods. My +4 was great, but If I were in a competition it definitely would cost me a race due to lack of traction.

That's what I was talking about in my post. It just doesn't hook up as well as when I had more stocker on. For the dunes and shooting hills my +4 is great, but for the trails I think I'm going back to the stk length.
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids