Author Topic: Dyno  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 11
    • Email
Re: Dyno
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 07:05:30 AM »
That looks pretty good dude.  Yeah Moto has the newest dyno around and if you want I can get you hooked up with a killer deal, even better if we can get a couple guys or more.  I would tell your boss to take the zx14 in too, it's a blast dynoing big bikes like that at around 200mph in that little room, kinda scary lol.

Offline raptor700rnut

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 07:31:58 AM »
did you just buy the cans...and pull the rivets, and reverse the cans? Looks good. I was wanting to do this with candy blue cans.

I had actually been running the single since 2006.  Just bought another slip-on and moved the bracket to the other side and he cut the pipe and reposition it the other direction.  we didn't think if the rivets removed it would just turn inside the can.  it might though, if not i don't know about doing to a color can.

Offline raptor700rnut

• Email
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 07:37:47 AM »
That looks pretty good dude.  Yeah Moto has the newest dyno around and if you want I can get you hooked up with a killer deal, even better if we can get a couple guys or more.  I would tell your boss to take the zx14 in too, it's a blast dynoing big bikes like that at around 200mph in that little room, kinda scary lol.

I will tell my boss about that, he has 2 zx14, ones his wifes.  they both have pipes but i guess with those you have to compensate for the ram air at 180mph.  if you could hook us up that would be awesome.  let me know what you can do.  i'm sure paul would like to as well.  it has always been a competition between us, but he is one up on be with that piston.  its goin to take rider to beat him now.

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 07:50:32 AM »
Yeah tell him to bring them both and if you can get Paul in on it we'll get er done.  Let me know what you guys are thinking on a timeframe and we'll set it up.  I think he has a slight advantage on you with the piston but it won't be too crazy.  I'm very curious to see results on your exhaust setup on the dyno. 

Offline raptor700rnut

• Email
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 10:47:15 PM »
paul is not running haulers and doesn't have a 15th.  oh yeah, i'm almost 40 pounds lighter.  he wants to go to the dunes this weekend, then we'll see who's faster.  let me talk to my boss and paul see what works for them.

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 07:02:19 AM »
Damn that's alot for him to try and compensate for with just a piston, lol.  Let me know who comes out on top if you guys run up to Walden this weekend.

Offline raptor700rnut

• Email
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 07:39:09 AM »
what pipes are you running?  i worry a little that the pipes are too big and i don't have enough engine mods to compensate for that kind of flow.  isn't the dmc 4 pipes for heavy modded engines?  i thought i saw on there site they were engines with internal mods only.  the map that is in mine is for barker duals, +2 tb, modded air box, ported and polished head, hc2.  i don't have the tb or the head work and it was the only one that would give any color to the plug after about a 30 minute ride.  do think those pipes flow that much? ???

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 09:54:18 PM »
Don't worry about your pipes being too much, these Raptors move alot of air, even with a stock head and cam.  Your duals aren't going to cost you any power and they will support future mods as you keep building.  I run Barkers on my bike. 

Offline raptor700rnut

• Email
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 10:41:59 PM »
the wife puts a hinder on future mods, this is the first thing i have done since 2006.  she doesn't know about the HC2 ;).  in your opinion, you think the silencers would look good galaxy black (the color of my hood) with the pop rivets taken out and polished and leave the tip brushed?  my friend that james replaced at ozzies would paint it.  just a thought.

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 05:47:49 PM »
that would look pretty sweet, I painted the pipes on mine black and left the cans and heatshields brushed aluminum.  I like the black on any part of it though.

Offline raptor700rnut

• Email
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 08:19:40 PM »
you'll have to post a pic of your raptor.  i'd like to see what that looks like.