Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Quinn Cody's crash at the Dakar  (Read 1103 times)

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Yeepee kai ey marafaca!
    • Email
Quinn Cody's crash at the Dakar
« on: January 04, 2012, 09:36:54 AM »
Yup, he's out, cracked collar bone. You can see how fast Dakar has to be ridden, the best race on earth!!! Jonah Street also out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wjkHGs2NhXs
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
Re: Quinn Cody's crash at the Dakar
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:37:16 AM »
This really does suck. Didn't he look like he was sitting too far forward? He was in an attack position. In slow-mo it almost looked like he was going to recover.  Many of the other riders are seated or ride with their weight more over the rear tire.

I was really hoping this would work out better for him. There is always next year! DAAAKKKKKAAAARRRR!

On a side note, did you see the one-handed riding in stage 2 by the quads? They were going 80-100mph one handed over uneven terrain like they were on a street bike. Insanity!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »
ouchy
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Yeepee kai ey marafaca!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:14:06 AM »
This really does suck. Didn't he look like he was sitting too far forward? He was in an attack position. In slow-mo it almost looked like he was going to recover.  Many of the other riders are seated or ride with their weight more over the rear tire.

I was really hoping this would work out better for him. There is always next year! DAAAKKKKKAAAARRRR!

On a side note, did you see the one-handed riding in stage 2 by the quads? They were going 80-100mph one handed over uneven terrain like they were on a street bike. Insanity!

Nope didn't see that one handed driving, where did you see the vid?
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 03:25:33 PM »
Watch the quad coverage from EuroSport TV. They have the best coverage. The links I was watching on YouTube were 45 mins a piece but due to copyrights they are all dead now.